Flipped my Subs over

cradeldorf

Cradeldorf are you up to no good again :D ? Still miss your 604 experiments on the Hboard!!! Hope your system is sounding great!!!!

Hey Juniper, Long time no see. :) You can scratch this idea off, after a second listening session I couldn't believe I made this post. They're back on their feet again but on the sides of the room halfway between the front wall and the back wall. I'll report back if I make another change but I've got at least 3 lisening sessions on it this way and I'm still happy. :)

I still miss the Gang over on the users board they are a great bunch of folks. :)

kind of hard to tell from your photo but it looks like you have vents on the bottom of your subs? If yes I can say that they were designed to load properly with a solid surface over the vent where the floor would be. If you want to place them upside down you will lose that loading you can and really should have then firing at a solid ridgid board that way the doad does not vary with floor covering which plagues all such down firing driver or vent subs. You can then adjust the space between the vent/driver and the plate it fires against and fine tune the system to your room. As it stands now your subs will Not load the same one way Vs the other (firing up and firing down). Best regards Moray James.

PS: while you are playing with them try firing the woofer up and the reflex vent into the corner and you can also experiment with the distance of the vent into and out of the corner. Have fun.

• Like 1