Speaker recomendations 82ii vs 62ii

mjohnson007

Hi,

Any suggestions / recommendations would be great

A few specifics...

The room is 18' W x 24' D
I like a mixture 40/60 movies/music

Yamaha rx-a3040  with some external 5 channel amp @200w+ .

I am looking at  for mains and center and surrounds
Mains....is between RF 82ii or RF 62 ii
Center ...either RC 64ii or RC 62ii or the rp-450 c or 440c
The thing is, I would like 4 center speakers not 2 on center channel

surrounds.. ?? need help with mains first

I already have 6 CDT-5650-C in the celling in an Atmos config

in addition I plan on having 2 R-115SW subwoofer 

so with all the above said and the room size and media mix, what would the best configuration be

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Mark

You have a very large room. Do you have a budget? Are you opposed to rf-7ii? They can be had a great prices right now. Much more speaker than the 62 or 82. And then if you got the rc-64ii it would be timber matched. Speakers are a good thing to buy once and cry once. It's gets expensive down the road upgrading all the time if you aren't happy.

And what's your location maybe you could demo some of the things you are wanting to hear before you spend hard earned money

And welcome to the forum. For the most part this is a pretty civilized place and a great group of guys.

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

Budget is sort of an issue already spent 2K on the in ceiling and plan on getting the 2 subs @ approx. $899 ea, so sort of left with about $2k

so unless some one wants to sell me 2 -  RF 7ii and a RC-64 ii and 2 - RS 62ii :D any takers Ca$h

I'm all in :) and would be a happy camper, now in reality I am budget restricted so would the 2 - RF 82ii with a RC 62 ii and 2 - RS 62ii work in a room my size, which I can get for just shy of $2K

Thanks for your reply

How about this using RF-82II as mains,  (2) RC-62II for centers,

Center ...either RC 64ii or RC 62ii or the rp-450 c or 440c
The thing is, I would like 4 center speakers not 2 on center channel

I had to re-read his post a couple of times and I think what he meant was four speaker DRIVERS on center, like the RC-64ii.

To Mr. 007:  Yes, I think you would be very happy with the RC-64ii.  It is VERY highly regarded on this forum, and may be eligible for some discounts at this time.

+++

You are wise to ask about used speakers like you are wanting. 

In general, there is a steady used market of those speakers, and good deals are found here on a weekly basis.  If you will post your general location, we have some amazing guys here who seem to find great deals at will, and will get back to you fast with listings and prices.

Edited by wvu80

I live in the Bridgewater, NJ area...

And I would love to find some 7ii's And the 64ii for just around 2K so we will see..

and yes I did say I was looking for a 4 speaker center but a well matched 2 speaker center that kicks butt would do.

again thanks for all the input...

I got my 7ii's and the 64ii for $2550 shipped.....All brand new and A stock. . . and that was before the Ref prem came out. I'm sure you could get close to your budget if you called around. You're on the right track with buying an amp if you decide to go the 7 and 64 route. 7's love power.