Academy vs (single) Heresy II as center channel speaker

cheric

Would a single Heresy II make a better  center channel speaker than an Academy for Quartet, Forte I/II and Chorus I/II? Tweeters are close enough and the squawkers are very much the same too (K53/K61 - same magnet size).

Edited by cheric
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Quartet is the little brother of the forte so that should work fine, but my vote for him would be a Hersey..........by far.

I use a Forte ll between Forte ll mains, it's like a perfect match ........duh.........ok I'm not a rocket scientist, but I take advice well  :o  :P

• Like 3

An Academy is a closer match to the Forte 1 and Chorus 1 because of the types of horns used (exponential tweets/mids). The Forte 2 and Chorus 2 have tractrix horns on the midrange.

The Heresy 2 is the better speaker, compared to the Academy. But it also uses exponential horns for both the tweeter/midrange, so it's not going to be a perfect timbre match to the Quartet, Forte 2 or Chorus 2.

However a KLF-C7 does use a tractrix horn, so it would be a closer match than an Academy or probably a Heresy 2 (to the Quartet, Forte 2, Chorus 2).

The Quartet, Forte 2 and Chorus 2 are timbre matched (tweeter/midrange horns), and are the perfect compliment to one another.

Edited by GPBusa
  • Like 1

Absolute Luck!!! I've had that cabinet for about six years. I bought it with a Mitsubishi 73833 TV that I no longer have. I've actually been considering putting it downstairs and running my three Heresy's for the fronts for home theater and my Klipschorns for only 2-channel. That cabinet had a mesh on it that I took out. The Heresy fits perfect!

Edited by Trentster5172
  • Like 1