Klipsch speaker reconing

JoeDirt

Does anyone have experience sending a tired Klipsch woofer in for repair. If so, who would you use and why?

Thanks.

I send all my stuff to Tom in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, 260-494-1677

He has a shop and reconing is what he does for a living. He is the only reconer approved by Electro Voice to redo their old stuff, even the 30 inch EV-30W woofers. Nobody can touch his work...

Roger

Does anyone have experience sending a tired Klipsch woofer in for repair. If so, who would you use and why?

Thanks.

He has a shop and reconing is what he does for a living. He is the only reconer approved by Electro Voice to redo their old stuff, even the 30 inch EV-30W woofers. Nobody can touch his work...

He is on my speed dial list.

Roger

Thanks.

Roger

for sure - if he is EV certified -

Thanks.

Roger

He is not only EV certified, he is the only one authorized to do the old stuff. I called EV in Buchman, Michigan a number of years back when I wanted to get my Electrovoice EV-15W Ks reconed and it was Electrovoice that told me this and sent me his way. He also reproduces the EV 30 inch Styrofoam cones himself!

On my 15W-Ks, the recone kits are no longer available. He tested the weight of the suspension and got it within 1/2 Gram of the orriginals. He also shipped my Chrome baskets off to Chromemasters (The guys that did the copper plkating on the OCC statue of liberty bike with original copper from the monument) and had my baskets repolished and triple show chrome plated. I had some PWK dust caps for these cones and even though you cannot see the dust caps inside a Klipschorn, he situated the dust caps so they are perfectly straight up and down when the woofers are properly aligned so the terminals are in the correct place.

As I stated, nobody can touch his work and I plan on bringing my EV 15W-Ks to Hope if you want to come have a look.

Roger

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Thanks.

Roger

He is not only EV certified, he is the only one authorized to do the old stuff. I called EV in Buchman, Michigan a number of years back when I wanted to get my Electrovoice EV-15W Ks reconed and it was Electrovoice that told me this and sent me his way. He also reproduces the EV 30 inch Styrofoam cones himself!

On my 15W-Ks, the recone kits are no longer available. He tested the weight of the suspension and got it within 1/2 Gram of the orriginals. He also shipped my Chrome baskets off to Chromemasters (The guys that did the copper plkating on the OCC statue of liberty bike with original copper from the monument) and had my baskets repolished and triple show chrome plated. I had some PWK dust caps for these cones and even though you cannot see the dust caps inside a Klipschorn, he situated the dust caps so they are perfectly straight up and down when the woofers are properly aligned so the terminals are in the correct place.

As I stated, nobody can touch his work and I plan on bringing my EV 15W-Ks to Hope if you want to come have a look.

Roger

Roger

thanks for the tip - regards