Fastlane Audio Cornscala Project started.

That's a good way to do it. When you're on my end, you use spec sheets combined with what you know about how the majority of people like to listen. I've missed a couple of times.

Edited by Crankysoldermeister

Guest David H

Nice work Justin, I think these are your finest to date.

Looks much better without the dust and fingerprints.

Dave

Edited by GotHover

So this project is quickly coming to an end and I get to enjoy my spoils. Veering is bolted in, wire looms run and double checked. Will the levels set with pink noise the mids are 1.5db hot but sound right. I debated trying -15+2=-13 which would prob be perfect but the sound is so good I’m not interested in moving more. The AP12-500 is set at -12db down on the auto former and the tweeters are dialed back all the way. The soundstage is huge and detailed… everything I love about heritage speakers but bigger.

I have to say this is the best sound I’ve ever had in my home... Really loving it. I played the audiogon presents “wake up your ears by Chesky records – Dancing flute and drum.” The bass was so intense and the you could hear the flute moving through the song… Its now my go to demo for amps or speakers.

gallery_36992_206_63221.jpg
gallery_36992_206_33930.jpg
gallery_36992_206_57671.jpg
gallery_36992_206_84245.jpg
gallery_36992_206_174442.png

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice build!

There are some guys who build a 2 way with your drivers, crossover and the eliptrac.

In a 2 way, would a b&c en1050 be better because it can do 20khz?

Sent with tapatalk from a lazy chair......

Guest David H

Sorry, b&c DE1050

The DE-1050 may no go low enough to be an effective replacement. The DE1050 response is 1000-20k, the DE-750 500-18k

Dave

Ah yes, you are very right. Maybe i mixed up the specs. On b&c website the 1050 has a successor.. the DE1085TN. It's response is 500-20khz . Would that work in a eliptrac? Maybe i'm kidding myself but that extra freq.response would maybe take away the need (feeling i would need) for a tweeter. I heard some pro's and cons about 2 way. Would like to match them with kappa 15c (with shipping the crites units would be to expensive..) If this would work, would you choose a 500 or 600hz crossover. Want to use a diy ap12

Ive built the 2 way version more than a few times and own the orig Fastlane 2way cornscala still. I perfer a 2way and I have to turn down the HF a great deal. This 3way is fantactic, but I wanted to build it as the very best I could. I could have been equally happy as a 2way. Ive only used AP12-500

Guest David H
If this would work, would you choose a 500 or 600hz crossover.

Either would work, but I would choose the 600Hz crossover.

Dave