CS Utah- Klipsch KP-4000 Subs $100

twk123

I haven't entered this particular club since the night I met my wife...

So there they were 4 ugly nasty boxes.  2 of the 4 passives turned to dust.  One of the woofers did work, but the others need to be reconed.  He said he'd haggle, but I am not sure they are for me.  I was looking at these for a buddy, he has a an old resturant he entertains in.  Figured they would back his kfl-20s, but I passed on them.  Time better spent on a BFM creation.

I haven't entered this particular club since the night I met my wife...

So there they were 4 ugly nasty boxes.  2 of the 4 passives turned to dust.  One of the woofers did work, but the others need to be reconed.  He said he'd haggle, but I am not sure they are for me.  I was looking at these for a buddy, he has a an old resturant he entertains in.  Figured they would back his kfl-20s, but I passed on them.  Time better spent on a BFM creation.

Yeah thats a good call, especially if you still had to drop $100 on each and then maybe they wont even work. Thats all money that could be better spent on a DIY project etc.

Fortune Smiles upon me, these were gifted to me to breath life back into them.  Might be a fun project, especially being no cost so far...  I pick them up Tuesday and will post a few photos.

Nice! I saw them as sold and was curious. How salvageable are they? There are some Heresey 1's on sale for $500 too in SLC which look really nice.

One of the 4 does work,but I think I'll need to recone 3 drivers and 2 passives at a minimum.  Boxes themselves other than being covered in carpet and dirty are solid.  I wonder how many professional musicians have played through these, they were setting up for The Used show while I was there.  They certainly were not "lightly used".

You missed some good beer brewing this weekend, made a toasted oatmeal stout and the wife made ribs.  Me and my 2 helpers snacked on 2 racks of ribs while the beer cooked.  It was nice day.  I think I am brewing again this weekend and take the 25th off.