Amp for Heresys

Here's an integrated amp that should work well for you.  It comes in black or silver and looks a bit retro, but has all the latest conveniences, including a provision for a Bluetooth adapter.

It has all the modern inputs, variable loudness control, a moving magnet phono preamp, Subwoofer Out, Pure Direct mode, and is reasonably priced at $599.95 MSRP.  There are likely lots of places to buy it for less.  Why buy used, when you can get a new amp with the latest technology and a warranty?

Yamaha A-S501 integrated amplifier:  http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s501/?mode=model

The A-S500 model is also available, at only $449.95.  It's very similar, but does not appear to have a phono preamp or Pure Direct mode.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s500/?mode=model

The THD specs on both models are very low, lower than you find on Yamaha AV receivers, since these are in the hi-fi line.

It has all the modern inputs, variable loudness control, a moving magnet phono preamp, Subwoofer Out, Pure Direct mode, and is reasonably priced at $599.95 MSRP.  There are likely lots of places to buy it for less.  Why buy used, when you can get a new amp with the latest technology and a warranty?   Yamaha A-S501 integrated amplifier:  http://usa.yamaha.co...501/?mode=model     The A-S500 model is also available, at only $449.95.  It's very similar, but does not appear to have a phono preamp or Pure Direct mode.

The 501 also has a built in DAC(digital coax/optical inputs) while the 500 does not.

Looks like a lot of goods for the $$$.

I love my Yammy A-S1000 integrated.

Bill

Edited by willland

One of the only amps I have that I did not build or rebuild myself, is among the very best I have used with our Heresies (also very nice with La Scalas, I might add. A truly dual mono integrated single ended 6V6 (and others in the same family of tubes), with a voltage divider on the output that provides a strong line-level signal for use with a sub amp or biamping.

My absolute angel of a wife gave it to me for Christmas a couple of years ago!

http://www.decware.com/newsite/minitoriise.htm

Edit: and yes, admittedly quite over budget. Apologies for that. It's just such an outstanding match for Heresies I had to mention it.

Edited by erik2A3

I've tried a few different amps for my H2's, MC 2105 sounds the best but the Dynaco ST70 was a very close second. Like all Klipsch speakers they will sound great with just about anything, heck I even hooked them up to a little dayton audio t-amp and they sounded outstanding. Good luck with your search.

" Never get the volume knob close to half way."

The HK430 will clip at about 9:30 on the volume control when listening to FM with the loudness on.

There is NO LOUDNESS BUTTON on the H/K 430 twin-powered receiver, on the other hand, there IS a CONTOUR button, which is NOT the same thing but some people think that it is. As for what ANY receiver does at any volume level, it is more the strength of the signal than the point on the volume control which comes into play...different signal strengths will clip at different volume levels...pretty simple. Unfortunately, TODAY most of the FM stations are pushing low end bass that is set ABOVE flat to begin with, which forces adjustments at home to make up for the ignorance of those at the FM station.