Marantz NR1402 balance question

Rocko81

Does the Marantz NR1402 have a L to R balance adjustment?

I used the set up mic to get me started, it sounds great!

But I think I'm losing it a little in my left ear as I get older.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-R

Sorry for the late response. I bought my son 1402 from A4Less around Christmas and have had no problems with it. On the other hand, I can set in my living room and think my right speaker is not as loud as my left (using a Yamaha). I ask my wife and son if they hear the difference and look at me like I'm nuts. A few week later the left and right sound the same. I think its my sinuses effecting my ear from time to time. 

Best of luck to you

Sorry for the late response. I bought my son 1402 from A4Less around Christmas and have had no problems with it. On the other hand, I can set in my living room and think my right speaker is not as loud as my left (using a Yamaha). I ask my wife and son if they hear the difference and look at me like I'm nuts. A few week later the left and right sound the same. I think its my sinuses effecting my ear from time to time. 

Best of luck to you

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is with me too. Maybe I'm just too picky....nah!

• Like 1

Does the Marantz NR1402 have a L to R balance adjustment?

I used the set up mic to get me started, it sounds great!

But I think I'm losing it a little in my left ear as I get older.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-R

Here is a test ... not foolproof, but worth a try.   Sit in front of the speakers exactly in the center 1/2 way between them, but in front.  Note whether the sound is balanced or off balance left to right, preferably with a mono signal, or with pink noise being pumped into both channels (not too loud!).  If you don't have that, then try a human voice recorded at dead center.  Then turn around facing in the opposite direction, and see if the balance is the same.  If the louder sound remains in your right ear no matter which direction you are facing it may well be your ears; if not it may well be the sound system. 

Just to add evidence, reverse the position of the speakers.  Speakers are rarely of exactly the same efficiency.  Rooms are rarely completely symetrical.  Using Room EQ Wizard, my Klipschorns, in my room, are a bit different in the bass and midrange, but the two curves come together and are nearly identical in the tweeter range (4.5K, and above).  That was a surprise.

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 1