Oldtimer's Hot Sauce

Mallette

I got mine! im looking forward to giving the Siracha a break and using these on my eggs instead. I tried each on a chip and all had a nice flavor with good heat. I expect to get a good sweat on with these for breakfast tomorrow.post-36875-0-83240000-1428999950_thumb.j

*update*

I tried all three this morning and Hawaiian Firecracker is my early favorite. They really have a great heat with good flavor.  I never broke a sweat though, maybe I need to let them age a little bit

Edited by finallygotmyheresies

I got mine! im looking forward to giving the Siracha a break and using these on my eggs instead. I tried each on a chip and all had a nice flavor with good heat. I expect to get a good sweat on with these for breakfast tomorrow.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

*update*

I tried all three this morning and Hawaiian Firecracker is my early favorite. They really have a great heat with good flavor. I never broke a sweat though, maybe I need to let them age a little bit

Some things do get better with age.

While there is significant heat, the goal is a balance of heat and flavor plus the uniqueness of the chile.  I know of no other sauce that uses the thai chile exclusively.  A seasoned chile head is not as likely to break a sweat depending on how they are used, but they will improve just about anything you make, either as an ingredient or as a condiment.  The Firecracker is to my taste the most forward of the three.  If you want to break a sweat try popping a thai chile right into your mouth and chew it up.  That will wake most people right up.

• Like 2

If you want to break a sweat try popping a thai chile right into your mouth and chew it up.

Having lived in northern Thailand I heartily concur.  Plain rice with prik nam pla (fresh Thai chilies in fish sauce) is a meal. 

Dave

I started on my final bottle last night.  Time for a refill soon.

Myself and a couple buddies wiped out my last bottle of OT's hot sauce.... it was the "Green Thai". We spent a couple days at the lake, and on Saturday I broke out the scotch. Started at around 7am, and by the afternoon we needed some of OT's sauce to add just the right amount of lake ambience. 2 cigars, a bottle of Macallan's fine oak, and a lunch break with a bottle of OT's Green Thai on some sardines and smoked oysters on saltines.....we were living the high life.

Shortly after the snack, we polished off the last bit of a good bottle of scotch, and there was no doubt what we were going to do next.

post-10277-0-24000000-1429629687_thumb.j

• Like 2

I started on my final bottle last night. Time for a refill soon.

Yeppem.  Going fast around my house.  The PAW made a maccy/cheesy/burger/tomato sort of thing.  Told me she'd put Lousiana in it and it wasn't quite there.  Grabbed the Hawaiian Firecracker and gave here a taste.  "DOH!...shoulda used the oldtimers!"

Which lake is that, Gil?  Doesn't look like Spring Branch...

Dave