Just ordered some RF7II's, a 64II, an amp/preamp and a sub!

gadgtfreek

Super excited. 4 years ago when I bought my Ref II stuff I really wanted them but had to settle for RF82's, not that they are bad by any means. With some help today I found a great deal, and after mulling other upgrades I pulled the trigger.

Setup now:

4520ci

XPA-3

RF82II's

RC62II

VTF15's

Will be:

4520ci

XPA-5 (trading in XPA-3 next week)

RF7II's

RC62II

RF82

VTF15's

Will buy RC64II in 5-6 months. Man this is gonna be fun.

Edited by gadgtfreek
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I think you will be very pleased at the upgrade from RF-82 to RF-7ii (might want to edit your "Will Be" list to show RF-7ii instead of RF-7.  I got confused for a second.  Just curious, will your RC-64 be version I or II?

Yes, pics are always welcomed.  Congrats!

Way to go.... I've had mine for about a year now. I went from KLF20's to RF7ii. Every day when I turn them on I still can't believe there mine. It was the best choice I've made in a long time. Enjoy and post Pictures.

Alain 

Well... I did not get this up fast enough. Great looking system

• Like 2

Cool. Ill have the 200w/channel, so maybe it can handle 60hz. Ill have to do some testing. I found my 82ii's work great toed in and about 10 feet apart (10.5 feet for MLP). Should I assume these 7ii's would setup about the same. I can only get so far off the wall, but I have some distance.

I found mine like room to breathe in all directions. Best was about 18" from back and side walls, but I moves to 12" side and back walls to conserve space in family room. Once I finish HT build, they'll move out in open more.

Let me know how the XPA5 you're getting works with the 7ii's. I'm still mulling over xpa2 for my rf7 fronts and another for my rears.

Never heard an Emo set up... But always read great reviews! Will stay tuned for your thoughts!

Dont leave em naked with dogs or small children! Or cats as far as thats concerned. Its not IF it happens, only a matter of WHEN it happens. Now you can always put the kids, dogs and cats to bed, break out the wine and take those covers off for a quickie, put put em back on when thru!

• Like 1

I found mine like room to breathe in all directions. Best was about 18" from back and side walls, but I moves to 12" side and back walls to conserve space in family room. Once I finish HT build, they'll move out in open more.

Let me know how the XPA5 you're getting works with the 7ii's. I'm still mulling over xpa2 for my rf7 fronts and another for my rears.

Never heard an Emo set up... But always read great reviews! Will stay tuned for your thoughts!

It was nice to see the 82ii's and 7ii's are the same depth, the 7ii's are just a little more wide and a good clip taller. Mine of course are toed in now, but I have about 11" from the wall. With those dual subs sticking out farther, I could probably get away with another inch or two off.

I have been happy with the XPA-3 and the 82ii's, so I think the XPA-5 will do a good job. I think their generation 1 amps had some hiss with Klipsch, but the gen 2 I have is quiet.

• Like 1