Just ordered some RF7II's, a 64II, an amp/preamp and a sub!

gadgtfreek

Tell me about it.

Wife has a Mardi Gras Assoc. meeting tomorrow night, so all these goodies are getting setup (if the preamp is here, might have to wait until Thu). Buddy is buying my RF82ii's this weekend and my RC62ii once I get a new center figured out.

Edited by gadgtfreek

This box is pristine, so he may have sent me a non open box one.

Really has nothing to do with it either way, with those guys pretty much all of them are non-open box. It's just a marketing trick. On the flip side, I've gotten boxes with brand new speakers directly from Klipsch that were virtually destroyed, beat up and had been stabbed with a forklift.

Well, looks like the second cherry RF7ii is in town, and the amp cord will be here today. Marantz preamp should be here Wed or Thu, so we are close to getting this baby done.

when you set up the 7's you should try moving the subs inside and widening out your mains where the subs are. might get you a way bigger soundstage. no clue how far back you sit but couldn't hurt to try. 

Twins!

IMG_0932_zpsgoymayay.jpg

Scrappy, 

I did try that with the RF82ii's, and it wasnt good at all. The subs are so wide it put the towers way out there and I am only about 10.5 feet away from each, or to the MLP. When they were outside the subs the distance to the MLP didnt change as much, but they were spread from 8-9 feet apart to like 15. Not sure if the 7ii's are any different though.

• Like 1

Twins!

IMG_0932_zpsgoymayay.jpg

Scrappy,

I did try that with the RF82ii's, and it wasnt good at all. The subs are so wide it put the towers way out there and I am only about 10.5 feet away from each, or to the MLP. When they were outside the subs the distance to the MLP didnt change as much, but they were spread from 8-9 feet apart to like 15. Not sure if the 7ii's are any different though.

Not sure how it will sound in your room, but when I did it in my room the soundstage sounded much wider like Scrappy says and it was probably the move that made the biggest sounding difference to me . Your cherry Rf7ii's look awesome by the way. I accidentally got sent black instead of Cherry and The dealer offered to send cherry or to give me a good discount on the black . The discount coupled with the fact that they were right there in my face and I could set them up that day was too much for me to handle :-) I wish I would've had youthman's patience that day
  • Like 1

Well, taking everything out tonight, should have preamp tomorrow. My BJC 12AWG cables were way to long for this setup, so I took this chance to pull them out, get banana plugs on the one end that didn't have welded plugs, and trim them down to accurate lengths. Also finally got to test the 7500 on the old towers before I pulled them and it is working fine.

IMG_0941_zpsuspxxvnr.jpg

Will load the 82ii's in the car Saturday for my buddy.

IMG_0939_zpsrpo9v9ug.jpg

Those sure are purddy.  I like the 7's wide apart.  That big tweeter can get to you if it is to direct to the ears.