Just ordered some RF7II's, a 64II, an amp/preamp and a sub!

gadgtfreek

Congrats on the new setup. With the new gear should make a great experience.

Also, I just noticed the triangle ports from your pic. Nice!

This summer I plan to have the good Dr. write me a prescription for 15H MK2.  :D

1)Dual 18" drivers, 1700 watts of ICE power, large slot port. The V3600 looks much like the XV30Fse except a little larger( 20"x 24"x45" W x D x H) with the slot port on the bottom(front) of the enclosure. Large traditional (removable) grill over the entire front baffle. The amp will have our typical controls---Gain, Crossover, Time delay and Room Size. Although if you intend to put the V3600 in a "small room"...we may need to talk..wink emoticon

2)The FR is similar to the V1500. (see graph at bottom)

3)Output is almost double the XV30Fse from 15hz to 125hz. The differences range from 4.9dB to 6.7dB. Average from 16-100hz is 5.8dB more for the V3600. You can see the XV30Fse output here. http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=106

V3600 output. (CEA-2010 averaged)

16-25hz ~ 122.3
31-50hz ~ 132.3
63-100hz ~ 136.0
16-100hz ~ 131.8

4)Standard Black Satin finish. No plans for wood veneer options at this time. Traditional style grills only.

Well, after too much reading, I opted that my sub upgrade is going to be dual FV15HP's. First one is on order, second will be late next month. Already have a buyer for the first VTF15MK1.

I just couldn't convince myself it was smart to move from duals back to a single, regardless of power, and in a budget of $3000 or less, there isn't an ID sub that bests the engineering and output (especially below 25hz) of the Ryhtmiks. Both will be matte black.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV15HP.html

• Like 1

Well, after too much reading, I opted that my sub upgrade is going to be dual FV15HP's. First one is on order, second will be late next month. Already have a buyer for the first VTF15MK1.

I just couldn't convince myself it was smart to move from duals back to a single, regardless of power, and in a budget of $3000 or less, there isn't an ID sub that bests the engineering and output (especially below 25hz) of the Ryhtmiks. Both will be matte black.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV15HP.html

I was looking at the FV15HP form Rythmik as well, pretty impressive.

But right now (for my needs) still leaning toward the VTF-15 MK2 from HSU. 

Those two are very close in output, with the rythmik only having 1-2 db's mostly from 20-80hz. It does have a little more power at 16 and 12 still, but the redesigned driver and stronger amp hav really improved the MK2. Plus the FV15HP is about $350 more...

I figure if re-doing my duals, might as well try another brand.

• Like 1

I dont know enough about subs to intelligently debate them, but have you considered an IB system?  

No doubt an IB is a great approach to move some air with low distortion, but 2 completely different animals. Most Infinite systems require a custom wall, floor or ceiling install with many considerations for the baffle. Calculating free air volume/driver(s) ratios (10x Vas), displacement, venting, energy transfer & vibration to opposite rooms, Room EQ Planning for placement prior to construction/fabrication....etc.

A free standing sub offers convenience & flexibility. Lots of good choices available to pair up with space & room size.

• Like 1

See? I told ya I didnt know enough to debate.......................... I got nothin! LOL. I'm sure those subs will be fine with that bad arse setup you have. Are you still listening to 2 channel as 2.0? Pure Direct?

See? I told ya I didnt know enough to debate.......................... I got nothin! LOL. I'm sure those subs will be fine with that bad arse setup you have. Are you still listening to 2 channel as 2.0? Pure Direct?

I'm certainly no expert either. Just a long time avid enthusiast, who knows just enough to be dangerous (lol).

I do have a "dedicated room" for HT.... but it's not a frame-up dedicated, custom HT build.

I might even consider from Klipsch the R-115SW or try & locate an pair of older RSW15's.

Yes!

Not sure if different subs will make a difference, but Rythmik designs their stub with music in mind first.

I also go my Umik 1 in and downloaded REW. i am going to play with that Thursday.

Pure direct 2.0 doesn't usually use the Subs anyway. Does your marantz?

Yes!

Not sure if different subs will make a difference, but Rythmik designs their stub with music in mind first.

I also go my Umik 1 in and downloaded REW. i am going to play with that Thursday.

Pure direct 2.0 doesn't usually use the Subs anyway. Does your marantz?

No, its fronts only. Just curious how the FV15HP's will sound with music.

i just bought some RF7iis and RC64 myself. 

i am in Pakistan, so the options werent many. so i bought USED RF7s @ $2750. 

i just noticed that they've gone to 20% off now. how much did you get yours for? do you think used is significantly worse than new? 

what happens to the audio of an old speaker?