All Reference now!

Pintoracer

I finally upgraded my 5.1 setup to all Reference speakers!!! I have had a thrown together setup for a long time. It consisted of KG-3.2's with Crites updates for the Main L/R, an SC-1 center, RW-8 sub, and KSB-1.1's for the surrounds.

For the new setup, I kept the RW-8 sub with plans to upgrade that later. New RF-62 II's, RC-62 II center, and RB-51 II's for surrounds. The RB-51 II's have been in my bedroom for a 2 Channel setup for listening to music. The KG3.2's will be moved to the bedroom for me, and the other speakers I'm giving to my 12 year old daughter to put in her room.

I'm Really excited to hear how the new system sounds. I'm living in an apartment right now (divorce). So, really cranking it is not going to happen soon. But, I'm looking for a new home. So, hopefully, I'll be able to put them through their paces soon enough.

Really enjoy reading everything here. I've learned a great deal just form reading all of your informative and entertaing post. I'll post some pics as soon as I get the new speakers home!

Edited by Pintoracer
  • Like 1

Congrats, welcome and enjoy the new setup! You may need to set reminders for yourself over the weekend to eat something every 18 hrs or so - take a break and move around a little bit. ;)

I'll put reminders in my phone. Good tip! Thanks!

I'm going to be sitting in the sweet spot all weekend.

I'll post more pics from the apartment later this evening.

Edited by Pintoracer
  • Like 1

All I can say is, I'm in love with this setup. Sampling Pink Floyd "The Endless River". It feels

like I'm inside the sound coming from them. A very rich, enveloping experience I guess is how I would

describe it.

So glad I made the leap and purchased them.

• Like 1

After spending the weekend sampling 2ch music and movies in surround. I'm going to have to say that I'm most pleased with the new center. I was really having problems hearing dialogue in movies. The RC-62 is a huge improvement over the old SC-1 center.

After spending the weekend sampling 2ch music and movies in surround. I'm going to have to say that I'm most pleased with the new center. I was really having problems hearing dialogue in movies. The RC-62 is a huge improvement over the old SC-1 center.

good to hear! The rc-62 is one of my favorites from Klipsch. Congrats
  • Like 1