"Music Nights"

teknoid

How many besides me have regular "music nights"? A "music night" is defined as an entire evening dedicated to NOTHING other than sitting in the sweet spot, sipping a favorite libation, and listening to music. Absolutely nothing else. I like to have them 2 or 3 times a week when possible.

As for me last night was one. The first in a while considering a recent move. I've missed them. But I sincerely enjoyed last night. My neighbors? Well... Not so much. Too bad.

Last night was a mix of Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, Carlos Santana, and Ottmar Liebert. Yes... I like "guitar" music.

• Like 3

• Moderators

IMO, I think this qualifies as a separate thread.  Right this Minute is a list of specific music but does not give bearing to whether or not the individuals have specific days that they sit down for listening.

• Moderators
then you've never really read the thread. :P

Not all 981 pages of it.... ;)

I'll reword my statement....

Right this Minute primarily consists of a list of songs that each participating forum member of that thread is currently listening to.  The thread is not primarily devoted to discussing whether or not the individuals have specific days that they sit down for listening.  ;)

There is a variation that is fun to do with a buddy. You each text each other a cool song you know you think that have not heard then when done you text the next song. Its a cool way to compare and check out new tunes.

then you've never really read the thread. :P

Not all 981 pages of it.... ;)

I'll reword my statement....

Right this Minute primarily consists of a list of songs that each participating forum member of that thread is currently listening to.  The thread is not primarily devoted to discussing whether or not the individuals have specific days that they sit down for listening.  ;)

The RTM thread consists primarily of a handful of members that post which albums they are listening to, 80% of which is in a dedicated listening "mode"... And they do it just about every day ;)

• Like 1

Jeff,

My "music nights/days" are not usually planned but seem to end up that way.  When my wife and son are out of the house for a while, I usually plan to watch a loud action movie but usually end up listening to music for the said hours. 

I will start with multichannel music with the RF-63 rig and finish with stereo on my Heresy II's.

Bill

Edited by willland

Yep, I a totally with you on this one.

I try to have regular "listening" sessions as well. For me its usually in the mid afternoon after I get off work. I work on the west coast on east coast time. Recently I purchased 200+ vinyl records off of CL so I can just grab a record and play something I have not heard or that is new to me.  Some I like, some I don't like but either way its a great experience and a fun way to introduce myself to music I normally would not listen too.

Happy listening!

My "music nights/days" are not usually planned but seem to end up that way. When my wife and son are out of the house for a while, I usually plan to watch a loud action movie but usually end up listening to music for the said hours.
My wife used to have a 10:00am-10:00pm shift, so I would spend time in front of the LS through part of the evening. Made it really hard to get anything done, as I would get sucked into the music.

Since I sold my LS and her schedule changed, I rarely get any music only listening sessions. The Heresy IIs are connected for the TV, but listening to music only isn't the same as the 2A3 amps and LS combo. :rolleyes:

Bruce

I love to sit and just listen to music. Doesn't everyone who has Klipsch Heritage speakers? Problem is as I have gotten older(and busier) I have less and less time to do it :(. I know there is no beer in heaven that's why we drink it here but I pray there is music.

To answer the specific question, my listening sessions usually begin at around 9PM and end whenever I wake up to a silent room, drool running down into my beard, and a horrible spasm in my neck (usually about 2AM).

Frequency depends on family constraints - we've got a 2yr old and an 8mo old.

Cornwalls driven by various exotic and esoteric gear, sizzling tubes, and hot lyrics, is a problem when you are in a townhouse, sandwiched between two families. 

I've trained my neighbors to let me loose on Friday nights, which is when most of my critical listening occurs.  Most of my other listening is jazz and quieter stuff on my upstairs system.  The upstairs experience is squandered by the fact that I have100 watt tubed monoblocks that could probably shatter glass for miles around if they were let loose.

• Like 1