Klipsch KSP 300 Questions

ka7niq

T2K and Randy, here are the speakers I bought. He has not pulled the ad yet, since he has other stuff for sale http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/4958388361.html

Quite the deal, I must say :)

I did not need the subwoofer, so it will be staying until he sells it. The seller is a quality guy, who lives in a gated community, an audiophile, just like us.

I bought all 200 of those DVD's too!

awesome deal - at least , you know that the speakers will be in great shape - I like the 200 dvd's for 100$ - the jewel cases cost more than a $ each-  out here in NY , you would pay 2x for this - take care -

KSP 300's and all matching center and surround speakers are IN DA HOUSE (plus, the 200 DVD's) !

It is 1 pm here in the Tampa area, we got back from Orlando at about 10.30 pm.

The KSP 300 woofers hummed pretty bad, initially. 

Lacking the 3 into 2 adapters, we simply cut the ground prong off the subwoofer power cables.

Hum eliminated :)

Speakers are bi wired, and no LFE hooked up, yet.

The Klipsch KSP 300's replaced my Infinity IL 50's, and I have been in the main room, listening to them, the last few hours.

But only on music, since we did not put the Klipsch Matching Center in place of the Infinity IL 36 center, yet.

On Bass, I must give the edge to the Infinity IL 50. Even w/o using the RABOS Feature of the IL 50, the bass is more tuneful, and nearly as powerful as the Klipsch KSP 300. And, the Infinity is only a 10 inch woofer, vs the 12 inch woofer of the KSP 300.

The Klipsch have a crossover that is FIXED at 120 hz :( 

This rather high crossover point forces you to keep the sub level fairly low, or you get Boom :(

The Infinity IL 50 allows you to totally Bypass the internal crossover, and lets your receiver (and you) choose your crossover point.

This is not a "deal breaker" for me, because I have a pair of separate subs I can rely on to shake the piss out of the room.

But, if you have no separate subwoofers, and are going to have to rely on a pair of KSP 300's to shake a room, you are going to have to put up with some muddy mid bass.

I guess you could also rely on Audyssey to correct things too ? 

I seldom use tone controls,  Audyssey, or any EQ. 

Now, for the good part - The KSP 300 eats the Infinity IL 50, as far as imaging, warmth, and musicality goes. 

Neither speakers are Bright, but the KSP 300 has much more detail going on, especially in the range that it's compression driver operates in.

The one inch Infinity CMMD Tweeter just can not equal this Klipsch Compression Driver. 

You need to read the owners manual carefully and experiment. I ran my KSP-300's with the jumpers in place and a low level sub cable from the receiver sub out to the LFE IN input on the speakers and adjusted volume with the separate volume control.

Randy may be able to help you with some suggestions as to how arrived at his setup in his video.

Keith

• Like 1

You need to read the owners manual carefully and experiment. I ran my KSP-300's with the jumpers in place and a low level sub cable from the receiver sub out to the LFE IN input on the speakers and adjusted volume with the separate volume control.

Randy may be able to help you with some suggestions as to how arrived at his setup in his video.

Keith

The speakers are new to me, so experimentation is certainly in order. I had to face the woofers out vs in, and that got rid of some boominess. 

I wonder how Randy is using his ?