Any Frank Sinatra fans here ?

Karsoncookie

At one time, Sinatra was the most hated man in America. Or so I read in "The Glory and the Dream" by Manchester.

During WW-II young women at home would swoon over Sinatra while their young men were at war doing heroic things.

WMcD

• Moderators

The Voice is what they called him.

Two essential LP's "In The Wee Small Hours" and "Songs For Swinging Lovers" from '55 and '56 respectively.

This was from his come back after his teenage idol status had declined. He was dropped by Columbia and picked up by Capitol after his rebirth as a movie actor.

Wee is considered to be one of the best vocal jazz albums ever recorded.

Those two LP's are essential in my opinion.

for Jazz - the man was even better as he aged - his latest performances had that added maturity in the Voice - 

-he embodied the Ceasar's Palace in quality and high class  -the quality of all the recordings that Frank Sinatra was involved with were perfect and true works of art -

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSbSKNk9f0

Edited by Randyh

-he imbodied the Ceasar's Palace in quality and high class -the quality of all the recordings that Frank Sinatra was involved with were perfect and true works of art -

That might be stretching it all a bit there.  :)  The guy was called "The Bourbon Baritone" for a reason. His career did span 55 years. He reportedly recorded over 2700 songs and about 100 albums including various compilations, but I can assure you some of them are downright brutal!

Edited by JL Sargent

-he imbodied the Ceasar's Palace in quality and high class -the quality of all the recordings that Frank Sinatra was involved with were perfect and true works of art -

That might be stretching it all a bit there.  :)  The guy was called "The Bourbon Baritone" for a reason. His career did span 55 years. He reportedly recorded over 2700 songs and about 100 albums including various compilations, but I can assure you some of them are downright brutal! I have quite a big Sinatra collection , if some of his recordinggs can be BRUTAL ,

I have quite a big Sinatra collection , if you consider that some of his recordings can be BRUTAL ,    what can we say about  today's poor  standards -

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a Frank Sinatra fan my entire life! That Carson episode was a riot to watch. Man I miss that show my grand parents and parents always watched it and it was special treat when they would let us stay up late now and than to watch it when we were kids.

• Like 1

Frank as well as Patsy Cline, Mischa Maisky and my Latest find, Anna Von HaussWolff are on the top of my play list.

For those who "Think" they have a system that "Could" pizz off a neighbor, Prove it.  

https://youtu.be/46SWrxVgElo

- this is the Klipsch forum - we have KP 600's that "Could" pizz off a neighbor  even more so than a EAW setup can -

Edited by Randyh

Frank as well as Patsy Cline, Mischa Maisky and my Latest find, Anna Von HaussWolff are on the top of my play list.

For those who "Think" they have a system that "Could" pizz off a neighbor, Prove it.  

https://youtu.be/46SWrxVgElo

- this is the Klipsch forum - we have KP 600's that "Could" pizz off a neighbor  even more so than a EAW setup can -

I suppose i should have stated why i posted that comment and that link.

I spent a year building my Klipsch system, Stacked Scalas, Bells, and they were as i thought, just fine for the music i was playing for the last couple of years.

Getting into Quality Pipe Organ music Required me to pursue the next step in a new system, looking into The KP, McM, Mwm line from Kilpsch looked pretty good till you try to find them :o 

Seeing that Big Bad Klipsch top of the line are just not to plenty full, i looked at the next best upgrade that i could buy.

EAW's and Line Arrays have been in my taste for quite some time, plenty full on the market and "Used" through out the US.

Im happy with the choice i made, and at this time designing my next system, bigger yet, going from Bi-Amp to Tri-Amp

And they dont look to be EAWs this time around, after all i simply used JBL as a stepping stone to Klipsch, and Klipsch to EAWs, still shopping for the end result.

Pipe Organ seems best when moving close to the same amount of air the Organ was, at least that is what i tell the neighbors.

P.S. $2K is all it took to procure the EAW system, try doing that with anyone else.

Factory specs for my EAWs are in my photo Gallery, take a peek to see how 600s match up :lol:  

The Voice is what they called him.

Two essential LP's "In The Wee Small Hours" and "Songs For Swinging Lovers" from '55 and '56 respectively.

This was from his come back after his teenage idol status had declined. He was dropped by Columbia and picked up by Capitol after his rebirth as a movie actor.

Wee is considered to be one of the best vocal jazz albums ever recorded.

Those two LP's are essential in my opinion.

I have several of his vinyls. 

They also called him Old Blue Eyes and Chairman of the Board.