KLF-C7 & KLF-30 [See Last Post]

The History Kid

Ding!

I'm so surprised that no one has jumped on this - they are normally a hot item.

But of course, we're in IOWA, which is pretty dead IMO, when it comes to audio.

I think it's a good deal at $300 - you see Academy's going for that, and the C7 is a step above the Academy.

GLWS

• Like 3

I have one of these and agree that it would not ship well. Very bulky and MDF. I would stick to my guns with a personal pickup. They're not making these any more and I think it's one of Klipsch's finest center speakers that melds well with the earlier series.

• Like 1

Anybody know how well these match with KLF-30s.  I came across a pair of KLF-30s in oak, now it just depends what the wife wants.  KLF-30s or Cornwalls, you all know I vote Cornwalls.  Anyways, being a good price and not to far, it may be worth it. 

And...you know...it's not my center channel if something should happen in shipping...

Insure it for $1,000 then hope something happens to it!  :emotion-21:

Has anyone ever collected from shipping damage?   It seems all the stories I hear is that they always deny due to insufficient packing.    Many learn this the hard way from a broken glass face on a McIntosh amp.

Has anyone ever collected from shipping damage?   It seems all the stories I hear is that they always deny due to insufficient packing. 

I did, from Fed Ex.

About fours ago I shipped a pair of RB-5's to Jeff Tubbs in Arkansas and the woofers ended up crumpled.  Jeff sent detailed photos of the speakers and the superb packing job and Fed Ex still managed to damage them.  I filed a claim within two hours of Jeff receiving the package and talked to a Fed Ex rep on the phone.  About a week and a half later, I got a call from the rep informing me that the claim was approved and I was refunded the original cost of shipping of the speakers to Jeff and new woofers from Klipsch including shipping to Jeff.  All totaled refund was about $235.00 which covered all expenses with about $50.00 to spare.

Bill

• Like 2

I always wondered if the claims worked....thanks for the details.

Also, I think the new copper spun woofers Klipsch uses have a tendency to crumple and ding if even a fruitfly lands on them. I have one woofer that has developed a little crease in it on one of my RS-3 II's and I have never put it up past 20% volume on the dial and it has never been handled or bumped since being put into duty. I very much prefer the older molded woofers used in the older lines like the KSB and SB's. Just my opinion of course

Edited by teaman

We're running all Reference II gen 1 or 2 in the house. The only small pinprick dent is in one of my RF-3 II woofers. The other larger dent is in one of my mother's RB-3s. Otherwise they're all smooth.

Edited by IbizaFlame

We're running all Reference II gen 1 or 2 in the house. The only small pinprick dent is in one of my RF-3 II woofers. The other larger dent is in one of my mother's RB-3s. Otherwise they're all smooth.

Do you know how the ding and dent occurred though Ibiza? I have no idea what happened to mine...

I do actually...it was a couple years after I got them, and we got a Fox Red Lab puppy. His tail met the code and left the dent...luckily it didn't do any serious damage though.

The RB-3's...the dent was before my ownership - so I don't know their history there.

Edited by IbizaFlame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If this guy is here tomorrow still, Mark has a pair of KLF-30's in matching finish that he has for sale at his place. Since the C7 is Mark's to boot, the C7 will get to him...sometime over the next couple of weeks.

The asking for the KLF-30's and KLF-C7 is $1150 to forum members only (all medium oak finish). If you want to stop by my place on your way to get the KLF-C7's, that would work, otherwise we might be able to all meet up at a central point. I'll have pictures of the KLF-30's before too long (unless Mark posts them first).

I don't mind driving as far as Rochelle towards the Chicagoland area if that helps, it's just a matter of finding a time that I could meet up with everyone as I now work two jobs and have classes.

Edited by IbizaFlame