Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

I think that was going to be a module of a array system with 2x15", the KP510 horn, and the KPT-HF horn looks like to me. Not a proper 'line array' but a box Klipsch was designing (like that monstrosity with the 402 horn) for stadium type use. 

TY sir...

The Klipsch manufacturing operations as viewed from the road near Oakhaven, tucked away in the surrounding Arkansas country-side amongst some other industrial giants. Freight traffic in and out of the Hope area was/is abundant.

post-40059-0-23080000-1428959415_thumb.j

Klipsch's recently released horn subwoofer. Destined to move someone, or something  :emotion-14: , this picture provides a sense of scale for those entertaining the idea of private ownership. Think big.

post-40059-0-77320000-1428959427_thumb.j

A lone RF-7II patiently awaits the finishing booth.

post-40059-0-50120000-1428959441_thumb.j

• Like 2

• Moderators
hey Carl - The lady at the sanding station in these pictures - is it the same person -Mrs Judy McBay

Yes it is Mrs. Judy, she's been at that for a long time now, hey I recognize that Cornwall :emotion-21: But it does have more dust on it now :o  :D

Cool pictures Carl :D

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

dwilawyer.....we missed you!!!!  Daddy Dee, Bob Crites and so many others....wish y'all could have made it!

Wish I could have been there as well, I was hoping to get Bill H. to come along with me and fly him in, but weather didn't cooperate Friday morning and I don't think he had the time to do a drive in on Sat. And back on Sun.

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees

Klipsch Pro Demo outside of Lab with KPT-1802-HLS

somebody name all these for us and what did you think of them?

The really sounded good, my favorite was the KI 396, that sub was great, it's a ported sub, ported into a horn, well that's a cool idea.

What we really need for pro and HT use is that 396 in a shallow rectangular box. No one is going to build an array of them anyway.

Really??
  • Like 1

• Klipsch Employees

Looks like great times with good people...

Whats this?

17138149451_10cbc71665_o.jpg

I think that was going to be a module of a array system with 2x15", the KP510 horn, and the KPT-HF horn looks like to me. Not a proper 'line array' but a box Klipsch was designing (like that monstrosity with the 402 horn) for stadium type use.

"Proper" line array? That's funny. We should just throw away the 402....... Lol!
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Just thought about this, Chad it was very nice to meet you and glad you came down, you fit in with everyone perfectly, I meant that as a complement. :lol: 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

• Klipsch Employees

I can't say enough about Rodney Newton's generosity,  he allowed us knuckleheads to hang out at his property all weekend and on top of this he cooked 36 racks of ribs on Friday and 60 ribeyes on Saturday night.   His kindness will certainly not be forgotten!!!!!!  I went to bed at 4:00 am both mornings.  Sunday morning when we woke up around 11:00,  Rodney was in the club house.  He told me that he had gotten a text from Jackie Collie his neighbor who lives north of him.  Jackie texted at 5:05 am,  "Could you please turn the music down?"  Rodney was blown away because he's never had any complaints out there ever before.  We called Jackie and he told us that he heard loud and clear,  Michael Jackson's Thriller.  My brother Brandon had fired the 600's back up at around 5:00 am and he was playing Thriller because the recording is very dynamic.  Rodney asked Jackie if he was outside of his house and he told us no,  he said I was in my bed and I could hear every word of the song.  We were laughing out of control!!!!!  We told Jackie that we were sorry and then Rodney told him that we had some big klipsch speakers that were designed with the help of Roy Delgado who was also out there with us at the party.  Jackie response was,  "You guys need to tell Roy that he needs to go Pro."  At exactly the same time both Rodney and I said, "Roy is Pro!!!!!!"   In my opinion this is one of the more spectacular klipsch stories.  Klipsch speakers have been pissing off the neighbors since 1946 and now they are pissing off farmers in the next county.  Another important fact is that this property is not flat ground, its hilly country side along with thick sections of timber.  I will try to post the google earth image to show the distance the sound travelled.

Once I got home on Sunday night I used google earth to map the distance from Rodney's club house up to Jackie's house.  The distance in a straight line is exactly 1.57 miles.  Years ago I had an old klipsch pro shirt that i had bought right about the time I met Roy.  It was a black shirt and on the back it had:  High Performance,  High Output,  High Fidelity.  I guess this story proves beyond any shadow of a doubt exactly what that shirt had on it.

Kevin Harmon

heck i told kevin to turn it down.  he was scaring the bass!!  dang it!!

• Like 3

• Klipsch Employees

mr rodney newton is a generous man.  i used to fish in his small lake all the time.  he has always been a very kind and generous person and boy did the hope gathers get to see it.  i really want to express my thanks and gratitude to rodney.  i hope everyone that was there realizes that he went above and beyond and in making everyone feel comfortable and at home.  he made sure that no one wanted for anything. 

• Like 7

• Moderators

Looking back through the pic's I didn't see any of what the inside of the clubhouse so here a little. People were spread out, inside on the front porch and the side, and of course we suck at group pics so no one pic with everyone.

That's Mr. Rodney in the recliner with blue overall's on. (table pic)

Bar pic, the food was laid out to the end of that bar, no shortage of anything.

And the last pic, late at night, just for fun.

post-9700-0-73480000-1428967485_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-86440000-1428967755_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-96280000-1428967830_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-90480000-1428968617_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

I'd also like to send out a huge thanks to my buddy Roger Gordon for the mcm bass bin that he hauled down to Hope from Ohio.  Not only did he haul it across the country but he gave it to me.  He wouldn't let me pay for it.  Everybody could use a friend like that.  Roger,  you are the MAN!!!!!

Kevin

No Kev,

You are THE MAN !! and someone I am fortunate enough to call my friend! Plus you come with an added bonus of one awesome family of Harmons.

I am just happy to be along for the ride!

Rog

• Like 5