Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

Nope no gators! Girl Dog and Katie, the Yorkies, keep them run off. See, the thing about swimming in that lake for me is the snakes. I prefer not to meet up with water moccasins on their own "turf." And I don't really care for the feel of fish swimming around.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nope no gators! Girl Dog and Katie, the Yorkies, keep them run off. See, the thing about swimming in that lake for me is the snakes. I prefer not to meet up with water moccasins on their own "turf." And I don't really care for the feel of fish swimming around.

UUUGGGHHH Snakes!!!

We used to swim in a place that had water moccasins. The water was crystal clear though, and we brought a BB gun. Those snakes would come to the top of the water and open their mouths and we would shoot BB's at them. They would go away and we would swim.  :)  We were little kids, so if one of us would have been bitten it would have been the end of it. Oh yeah, and we had to go past the woodpile to get to the swimming hole. There were copperheads in it, and they would coil up on the trail. I almost stepped on one once and I was barefooted. I had nightmares over that one. 

My cousin tried to get me to water ski in the rivers in Florida. There were gators, and I refused. Instead, I drove the boat and watched for sandbars. 

• Like 2