Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

Outside the Newton Clubhouse last night...

seadog,I cannot open this picture, it says that I do not have permission??Roger
Ok. I changed to a "Public Album" so it should be accessible. More photos to come. Edited by Seadog
  • Like 2

Klipsch Pro Demo outside of Lab with KPT-1802-HLS

somebody name all these for us and what did you think of them? 

I didn't write down the model numbers but they all sounded great.

When we were in the parking lot we could hear the bass from the big sub.  You could tell it was powerful and low.  When we got out back it was filling the whole area with bass.  Roy said he was feeding it about 23 watts! 

• Like 2

I can't say enough about Rodney Newton's generosity,  he allowed us knuckleheads to hang out at his property all weekend and on top of this he cooked 36 racks of ribs on Friday and 60 ribeyes on Saturday night.   His kindness will certainly not be forgotten!!!!!!  I went to bed at 4:00 am both mornings.  Sunday morning when we woke up around 11:00,  Rodney was in the club house.  He told me that he had gotten a text from Jackie Collie his neighbor who lives north of him.  Jackie texted at 5:05 am,  "Could you please turn the music down?"  Rodney was blown away because he's never had any complaints out there ever before.  We called Jackie and he told us that he heard loud and clear,  Michael Jackson's Thriller.  My brother Brandon had fired the 600's back up at around 5:00 am and he was playing Thriller because the recording is very dynamic.  Rodney asked Jackie if he was outside of his house and he told us no,  he said I was in my bed and I could hear every word of the song.  We were laughing out of control!!!!!  We told Jackie that we were sorry and then Rodney told him that we had some big klipsch speakers that were designed with the help of Roy Delgado who was also out there with us at the party.  Jackie response was,  "You guys need to tell Roy that he needs to go Pro."  At exactly the same time both Rodney and I said, "Roy is Pro!!!!!!"   In my opinion this is one of the more spectacular klipsch stories.  Klipsch speakers have been pissing off the neighbors since 1946 and now they are pissing off farmers in the next county.  Another important fact is that this property is not flat ground, its hilly country side along with thick sections of timber.  I will try to post the google earth image to show the distance the sound travelled.

Once I got home on Sunday night I used google earth to map the distance from Rodney's club house up to Jackie's house.  The distance in a straight line is exactly 1.57 miles.  Years ago I had an old klipsch pro shirt that i had bought right about the time I met Roy.  It was a black shirt and on the back it had:  High Performance,  High Output,  High Fidelity.  I guess this story proves beyond any shadow of a doubt exactly what that shirt had on it.

Kevin Harmon

Edited by kharmondds
  • Like 11

• Moderators

One of the fire pits that Rodney kept blazing.  I think they may have been old tractor wheels, they were pretty big.

Or it could have looked like this, depending on the time of day :o  :lol: whoa

post-9700-0-47280000-1428949855_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Administrators

KPT-1802-HLS and new Pro Models Demo outside of lab

Notice:  Example of systems Vent on top of sub

KI-172, KI-272, KI362, KI396 how am I doing? (unless something has been changed) 

you are close....

KI-102-sma-II

KI-262-sma-II

KI-362-sma-II

KI-396-sma-II

• Moderators

Klipsch Pro Demo outside of Lab with KPT-1802-HLS

somebody name all these for us and what did you think of them? 

The really sounded good, my favorite was the KI 396, that sub was great, it's a ported sub, ported into a horn, well that's a cool idea.

post-9700-0-08320000-1428950196_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-37680000-1428950227_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-28360000-1428950256_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-66000000-1428950284_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Michael Jackson's Thriller.

aww man. I was going to throw some stuff like this on earlier in the evening, but my buddy thought we'd be tarred and feathered by the metal crowd. :P

regardless, thanks for putting in the time, money, and effort to bring that system out for all of us to enjoy -- it was a real treat.

• Like 2

Kevin Harmon

Kevin, I personally want to thank you for bringing those beasts with you.  I know it was no small feat.  I'd been pestering Roger to see if he could get you to bring them as I'd never heard them before.  They were much appreciated and enjoyed.  Thanks, again.

Carl

• Like 4

• Moderators

I will try to post the google earth image to show the distance the sound travelled.

That would be nice, it was way to far to see, this is kind of looking where they were pointing, past all those trees by a good distance was more lakes another pic, then more trees so a google earth pic would really be the only was to see.  Over 600 acres and being in the middle still didn't help, amazing place, perfect.

pic's are just a little of the property/farm.

post-9700-0-23120000-1428951449_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-25720000-1428951579_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Kevin Harmon

Kevin, I personally want to thank you for bringing those beasts with you.  I know it was no small feat.  I'd been pestering Roger to see if he could get you to bring them as I'd never heard them before.  They were much appreciated and enjoyed.  Thanks, again.

Carl

Carl, you are welcome.  I was glad to bring them out.

• Like 2

Kev, so glad you made it. Those speakers were awesome!  Sure hope can make it every year with us.....perfect system!!!!  We appreciate all of your hard work!

Christy,  I want to thank you and Eldon for the PWK glasses.  That was wayyyyy awesome.  You guys are the BEST!!!!!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Yes it's a real farm with cows by the gate to greet you as you come in ( I think we ate one sunday :o ) 

How to properly listen to the KP 600's on a farm.  The chairs were probably 100' or more from the speakers, but it looks closer. 

Kevin,  Thank You for hauling them all that way for everyone to listen to all weekend, it was perfect and they got a workout.

post-9700-0-69680000-1428952133_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-00840000-1428952261_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-49000000-1428952389_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-78160000-1428952470_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4