Chineezz Wind chime

Karsoncookie

The best thing I have found to re-string wind chimes is sold at a fishing store. The braded line made for fishing, I don't know what it's made of but it last and is very strong and no thicker than the heavy monofilament, I forget the name.

high-performance polyethylene (HPPE)

Smithfield Foods was purchased by a Chinese company in 2013, not to send food here, but to, according to their company, have a more stable supply of pork products to China.

The best thing I have found to re-string wind chimes is sold at a fishing store. The braided line made for fishing, I don't know what it's made of but it last and is very strong and no thicker than the heavy mono filament
The heavy, braided fishing line was what I used. The mono filament didn't hold up as well to the abrasion. I was hoping the braided was still in use and available, as I hadn't been able to find any. I guess I don't hang out at the right stores. :D

Lars,

China still has a large group of Christians, with the Faith still strong (heard a woman whose family has been following the Lord for 300 years). The larger problem is the younger kids, who are similar to the ones here in the U.S. They are more interested in their gadgets/cell phones, and clothes and pop music. Spiritual things are foreign to them. The older folks are ok, but they will soon be gone. Reaching the young ones is difficult, and it may take another generation for the hunger to be there.

Bruce

Just a reminder that every time we buy something we are voting with our dollars. Why do they sell such cheap junk? Because people buy it. I've been on the "buy American made" bandwagon for several years now and never have (or will) shop at Wal-Mart. Obviously sometimes the only choice for a certain product comes from China and I will still buy it if I need it. Otherwise if its just a matter of spending a few extra bucks to buy something made here versus overseas I'll spend the few extra bucks every time. I even go as far as to spend the extra 30 cents a gallon for local milk, why not support the local community?