How was the event?

mustang guy

I really wanted to go, but a 13 hour drive a midst all the stuff going on, there was no way I could make it. I was just gonna pack a tent on my bike and ride over.

It's interesting that nobody is saying much about it. I know there is a private forum. Hopefully it won't stay locked forever. That would flat suck.

Maybe this could be the start of a new thread where some folks share for the rest of us, there experiences.

• Like 2

I would think that of all the hundreds if not thousands of photos taken will start showing up as 1) people drag their azz back to their home caves 2) Homeland Security, wives and agents approve release and 3) the shutterbugs start posting.

There is not anything going on in the 'secure' thread either (or at least nothing you need to know...................................)

As far as the locked / private thread perhaps one of the mods will delete the postings of phone numbers and such and then open it to the public, really just a bunch of BS as usual!

But I will give you this: the gentleman that opened up his 600 +/- acre spread with 12 ponds / lakes, provided shelter, sleeping arrangements, TWO nights of free BBQ ribs @ steaks along with ALL th etrimmings w/desserts, drinks, etc is a man that you would be lucky to meet ONCE in your life. It would be impossible to list what he provided for us.

Music, drinks, food, friendship and then I got to share a cooler of beer with Roy as we sat at a table and listened to his knowledge. Great experience, we talked beer, speakers, room treatments and fishing. Never once did I feel anything other than I was BS'ing with a buddy that I had known for years.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 6

I got to share a cooler of beer with Roy as we sat at a table and listened to his knowledge.
 i am truly jealous about this part. i was on a family reunion with people i have not seen in 20 years. and i was oh so close, only a few hours away, but just could not get away for it. however i did meet a great uncle with some la scalas that i think he said i could have. so that might be fun trip to get them soon. 
  • Like 1

Not much has been posted because everyone was really good about being in the moment and enjoying the people around them, and today everyone was homeward bound. I'm sure pictures and impressions will start to trickle in tonight and tomorrow. I'm still absorbing everything that happened and the conversations and the sensory smorgasbord.

My perspective?

Except for Dave's circus music it was a fantastic event. even when forced into tight quarters i didn't fully socialize with everyone that attended.. and that's all the more reason to come back next year. 

the klipsch employees were super appreciative for the lunch and attention, tolerant of our gawking stares and cameras while they performed their duties, and all around gracious hosts. the anechoic chamber was cool as shit, especially knowing the decades worth of speakers and engineering efforts that have passed through that room.

the food and gear and fun had at the barn was superb. I'd like to see more speakers next year and get some more systems setup for listening to various gear and music genres. ultimately, however, I was there to put a face to names and enjoy some personal interactions.

holy smokes - the commemorative etched glasses from Dtel and Dtel's wife! superb!

i tried to tone down my snark this weekend, but I do have a reputation to keep so I know it came out from time to time. i'm just glad everyone was able to laugh it off (or too drunk to care).

i highly recommend that everyone attends next year.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Got home a couple of hours ago!  Wow!  Just wow!  I don't know if there are words to adequately describe the food, fun, fellowship' hospitality and generosity we experienced this past weekend.  

Seeing old friends from past events, meeting new friends that we have made the last couple of years.....and discovering the beauty of a place called "Rodney's Redneck Riviera".  "The Riviera"  sits in the middle of 600 plus acres and is hands down the best "gathering" place we have ever had for Klipsch events.  Nothing better than a facility located in the middle of nowhere was built to play music and party till all hours of the night!  Yes, there will be pictures and plenty of them.  I'm sure most are still recovering.  We had late, late nights...till 4 and 5 in the morning, rising around 9 or 10 in the morning and doing it all over again!  

Very appreciative to those who did bring equipment!  Nice outdoor setup.......nice indoor set up and even a set up for after hours in the conference room at the hotel!  

• Like 8

Just got home..... 16 hrs in the car

Roger

PS: Hey Earl, I brought my amp, my tape measure, and my wife.... Where were you???

Roger,

Thanks for the offer of your amp and your wife. Very generous.

Earl,

We were supposed to have my wife measure our amps for us in public at the event to settle the question on whoose is bigger??

You want to take my amp?? I didn't realize that you were THAT kind of a guy?

Roger

• Like 1