Receiver Recommendations

jamiefield

I just bought a new house with a 20'x20 room that will soon be my first home theater. To kick it off, since I have heard great things about Klipsch speakers I just ordered the following to start building my system:

(2) RF-82 II (Left and Right) 

(1) RC52 II (Center)

(2) RS52 II Surround rear

I will be adding a sub, probably the R112 as well-

If anyone could give me advice on what you feel is the best receiver to pair them with, your experiences with different brands etc. I'd like to spend under $1,500 but will spend more if I need to. Id appreciate any advice on the subject.

Thanks-

JF

• Like 1

JF,

Welcome to the forum.

One quick piece of advice.  If you can swing it, and it fits where you need it to go, get the RC-62II instead of the RC-52II.  Others will suggest the same thing.

IMO, the best bang for the buck(at it's current sale prices) and a flagship AVR, is the Denon AVR-4520CI.

Refurbished with 1 year warranty at $799.99.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavr4520ci/denon-avr-4520ci-denon-s-flagship-home-theater-receiver-150wpc/1.html

New with full 3 years mfr. warranty at $999.99.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavr4520cia/denon-avr-4520ci-denon-s-flagship-home-theater-receiver-150wpc-new/1.html

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 2

That Denon will drive those speakers with ease. I bet you wouldn't even notice addind an XPA-5.

I also agree with upgrading the center to a RC-62. I did a side by side comparison of the RC-64 and the RC-62. Very similar performance, I just liked the appearance of the 64 so it won.

One quick piece of advice. If you can swing it, and it fits where you need it to go, get the RC-62II instead of the RC-52II. Others will suggest the same thing.

Add my vote to Willand's.  Another vote for the RC-62ii.  :emotion-21:

I am just a fan of that woofer size for an MTM center, most decent speakers in the 6.5 to 7" range for some reason has a very clear mid-range for dialog/vocals.

I just got a call from the Klipsch dealer who will be filling my order and he is out of the RC 52 II and is giving me a RC 62 II at the same price, made my day- Thanks for all the suggestions!

Now that's what I'm talking about.  Great stroke of luck. 

You will be pleased.

Bill

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...