some new copper toys, aka. RC-7ii center build thread

I don't know this for sure but I'm afraid that the woofers have two different crossover points.  It just says 1,200 now but I could have sworn that the specs used to list two different frequencies.  If so I don't know how this will translate into horizontally oriented woofers when you are listening off-axis.  The few people who have done this in the past have never mentioned this being an issue so I'm just going to hope for the best, but this aspect worries me more than anything.  I haven't studied the crossovers at all, probably would be pretty obvious if I had.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

"they sure look like eminence. "

Not.

Eminence powdercoats the top and back plates of the magnetic assembly, and the terminals are not what Eminence uses.

http://kscind.com/home.htm

thanks for the information - KSC quality is sublime -I wonder if recone kits are available -

Edited by Randyh

It strikes me as a little odd that there are only 4 screw holes to hold those BIG woofers.  Are you using T-nuts and 10/32 bolts?

I screwed up a sub box using T-nuts and I have yet to see any screw shake loose, so I doubt it.  All the T-nuts I've seen have allen heads on them, I haven't taken them off but the heads on the real RF-7ii's are the star kind, whatever they're called, hex heads maybe, so I doubt they're actual T-nuts.  To be honest I always thought that was a trim piece you put over the woofers.  No, that's actually part of the woofer.  

Adding braces today.  Making a big fat mess and getting glue all over everything.  Too bad I don't have a CNC machine.  This is definitely not what the inside of an RF-7ii looks like.  

IMG_2947_zpsbm6am4bg.jpg

IMG_2948_zps8ilddjex.jpg

It's not a Kentucky build until you use a chicken feeder as a template for the crossover, a flying clay as a template for the braces, all while having a beer that was named after a bird dog.  

IMG_2952_zpszgeiwtmc.jpg

IMG_2955_zpsearnzmus.jpg

• Like 2