RF 82's Series II

cradeldorf

That is exactly why I suggested you hold on to the 30's for a little while. I've been fooled many a times thinking that something "new" sounds better only to find after a few days that it actually just sounds different. A lot of times different is good.. at first, only to wear off and make you appreciate what you once had.

If the bass is the only thing you don't like about the 30's you can add some subs, play with the crossover settings etc. I'm not talking about huge 18" floor shakers as that's obviously not what you're getting from the 82's but maybe a pair of 10's to sit along side your towers. Either way, hope you can get it all worked out to your liking.

• Like 1

it is simply the price of admission like playing cards you have to have some money to put down and you don't know before hand if yo are going to win or not you just feel lucky. You could have just as easily loved them. Why don't you get these sold and keep watch for a pair of RF3 they sound very good and respond well to modification and more importantly they are what you liked that made you buy the RF82 ll in the first place. Those can be had for peanuts or you can keep working on your KLF30 and get them right, that would be your least expensive option they could even be turned into two ways, with a real driver like the EV DH1506 or DH1A. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

Sometimes you have to work with the placement and autocalibration to get the sound right.  I have spenta week or more tweaking speakers to get the sound just right.  The midrange from a 2 way RF speaker is definitely different than what you are use to with the KLF 30.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...