I need a math genius....

Coytee

So you measured it in the "appropriate" syringe.

So draw a line with a Sharpie in the other one you put it into.

Isn't that "done"?? 

Most important is to inject into the specific flesh Doc sez.

Like some injections are put in veins, other into buttocks fat.        Lars

I have not checked it, but the following link may help or at least be useful to confirm your calculations.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm

WMcD

Looks like you get the weekend off.  I think that is EXACTLY what I need.

Thank you.  You are most resourceful.

Yes, I am the resourceful masked rider of the plains.

http://www.westernclippings.com/remember/loneranger_doyouremember.shtml

In one unrelated movie, the cat was called Tonto. So it makes sense . . . somehow.

• Like 1

Came up with this  3.33/20 (units) = 1.5 and he's taking 4 units of the smaller (*1.6667) which would be 6.6667 units

I did ask my vet....  I don't think he wanted to do the math.  He said "Well....it's a different scale"  (well yeah...?)

Uhhhh.... Time to get a new vet if that's the answer they're giving you.

First of all, it's hilarious you put this thread under "Technical Modifications."  :lol:

Second of all, Doctor's never know, the nurse's know.  I don't know if Vet offices have nurses, but ask a nurse.  He or she will  know.

I didn't thoroughly study your equivalency or comparative volume numbers, but bottom line is- put the appropriate dosage in the "appropriate" syringe, squirt that into the syringe you want to use, read it or mark a line.

Done.   "Bob's your uncle"  Lars

I know you're a smart guy, just getting tooo detailed like I often do.

I have not checked it, but the following link may help or at least be useful to confirm your calculations.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm

WMcD

Looks like you get the weekend off.  I think that is EXACTLY what I need.

Thank you.  You are most resourceful.

Yes, I am the resourceful masked rider of the plains.

http://www.westernclippings.com/remember/loneranger_doyouremember.shtml

In one unrelated movie, the cat was called Tonto. So it makes sense . . . somehow.

Harry and Tonto?

I have a diabetic cat. 

We give him a shot of insulin for his diabetes and a shot of 'something' (it's a diuretic) for his 'something else issue.  I have no idea what it's called.

Here's my issue....

We already have something like two boxes of 100 syringes for his diabetes.  I have to go to the vet every now & then to get the syringes for his diuretic shot. (bag of 10)

I want to use the same (size) syringe as these two are different sizes.

The diabetes syringe is the smaller of the two (which is what we want to use for both)

The diabetes syringe  is a 3/10mL scale and a full syringe is 30 units or I guess .3 mL

The diuretic syringe is 1/2 mL scale BUT, a "full" syringe is 20 units (so I'm guessing that 20 units = 1/2 mL)

The cat is taking 4 (of the 20) units of insulin and he's taking 30 (out of 30) units of the diuretic.

What I want to do is use the small syringe for the insulin shot but, I'm running my brain in circles trying to figure out what I might use to multiply (or divide) by to convert one to the other.

As a practical matter, I've taken 4 (of the 20) units in the larger syringe and used water to then squirt into the smaller syringe.  After trying to purge the air bubbles (and losing a bit) it's looking like I'm around six units.

I prefer to do it mathematically and know I'm on target.

One nice thing about the smaller syringe is it has a more exact scale.

I feel like I'm stumped on an algebra test.

discussion apart - I congratulate on your kindness towards animals - and specifically a sick cat - thank you

Thank you....but Manson (the cat's real name is Carrot Top but, he loves to kill mice/other and bring them into the bathroom and create a blood mess so I call him Manson)....

Anyways, he's but a speck on the grace that is  my wife.  I often tell people that is how we met....  (note that at one time, we had 5 stray dogs and 3 stray cats.  Today we're down to 3 dogs and 1 cat)

I'll tell people that is how we met.....I was homeless....sitting in the middle of the road when she drove by, scooped me up and brought me home....marrying me later.

:)

• Like 1