New basement arrangement I'm trying.

Trentster5172

I moved my other cabinet into my basement to try it with the cool space in the center that will accept a Heresy III on it's side. I'm using all three Heresy III's as the fronts for theater fun cutting everything at 80Hz. The Khorns I'm only using for two channel right now. I may try a few different configurations to see what I like best with and without the Khorns.

post-56362-0-55760000-1429127525_thumb.j

post-56362-0-71440000-1429127583_thumb.j

• Like 2

I moved my other cabinet into my basement to try it with the cool space in the center that will accept a Heresy III on it's side. I'm using all three Heresy III's as the fronts for theater fun cutting everything at 80Hz. The Khorns I'm only using for two channel right now. I may try a few different configurations to see what I like best with and without the Khorns.

Looks Great!  I encourage you to try the Khorns as the LF and RF in your home theater.  Even though you are going to Xover at 80 Hz, the Khorns will still have their super dynamic bass at around 100 to 200 to contribute.  My Khorns sound terrific in my HT!

What sub do you have? 

• Like 1

Thanks all!

Scrappydue- my sweet wife will let me do a lot of things, but painting the ceiling black isn't one of them. In our last house I used dark earthtones in the home theater and she hated it- lol. So far the Heresy Trio is pretty sweet. I remember the rep telling me that the best home theater he ever heard was made up of seven Heresy III's and four of the THX subs.

Listening to the Khorns right now though in 2-channel!

Garyrc- switching back and forth to the Khorns takes two seconds. Turn off the A - channel and turn on the amps. Drop the sound level 5db on the left and right and that's it. Playing with both. Also the subs are the new R-115SW's.

Edited by Trentster5172
  • Like 1

Looks very nice, but I am surprised that anyone with KHorns wouldn't use them for HT.  I see the argument that 3 identical speakers makes for a seemless front stage, but the KHorn is so much more dynamic than the Heresy even crossed over at 80 Hz.

• Like 2

I have a 13 year old and a 16 year old that use my home theater everyday to play video games and watch movies with their friends. This solution allows them to use just the Heresys and leave my Khorns and monoblocks alone. If I want the Khorns in the mix its a two minute switch. But my kids are in that room more than me.

Edited by Trentster5172
  • Like 1

Looks very nice, but I am surprised that anyone with KHorns wouldn't use them for HT.  I see the argument that 3 identical speakers makes for a seemless front stage, but the KHorn is so much more dynamic than the Heresy even crossed over at 80 Hz.

Yes!

• Like 1