Decided im going to purchase Belles

hcnelly

Well, I decided that I'm going to purchase some klipsch belles for $1800....it's a 14 hour round trip, but from the pics and Skype session I had, the speakers are in great condition...

The owner said he thinks they are from 1971...this will be my first pair of fully loaded horn speakers....I've only had Cornwall 3s, heresy 3s, and fortes, so I'm really excited!

I think I'm going to upgrade the crossovers first because the speakers are so old....I have a Hsu vtf-15h subwoofer to pair with them....I really hope that the bass from the subwoofer is tight enough to keep up with the belles

• Like 3

Thanks guys! When I get them home, I will be powering them with a Scott 340A receiver that was restored by Craig from NosValves...I'll have to figure out how to hook my sub to it, but I can't wait to hear the combination!

post-46815-0-36480000-1429193302_thumb.j

post-46815-0-30240000-1429193341_thumb.j

I know my Scott 299C has one...I think the 340A is essentially the same thing but with a tuner...I bet it does, I'll have to look tonight...I'm new to the subwoofer thing, but if I can hook it up that way, that'd be great!

I second the advice of the Hornloaded subwoofer.  I think I read last night that you are a Cornwall guy, same as me... You will want a something along those lines.  As far hooking it up, I run a line level into a Crown XLS1000, powers the sub and provides an electronic crossover for the subwoofer.

• Like 1

Here's a closeup of one of the labels....does that help with telling what year they are?

- 1977-these  were some of the best Belles made , between 1971 and 2005 -

- finish wise , these Belles are just beautiful   -

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

The AA crossovers should play fine and if they do - dont touch them , you may be surprised in their sound output   -the build quality in these years 1977 were exceptional - high quality thicker veneers than the current razor thin

• Like 1