Decided im going to purchase Belles

hcnelly

Sounds great! I can't wait to hear them on Saturday! Yeah, if everything sounds good, I won't change any of the crossovers or anything unless there's a problem...Yeah, it looks like he took tender loving care of them..I intend to do the same :) I'll know more about how they sound on Saturday!

I'll have to figure out how to hook my sub to it,

No high level outputs. 

VTF15H-Amp-600.jpg

Can you explain what you mean? Can I hook it up to the Scott with a subwoofer cable, using one of the subs inputs, if the Scott has a center channel output? If I hook it up that way, would I lose the ability to adjust the crossover frequency on the sub?

I'll have to figure out how to hook my sub to it,

No high level outputs. 

VTF15H-Amp-600.jpg

Can you explain what you mean? Can I hook it up to the Scott with a subwoofer cable, using one of the subs inputs, if the Scott has a center channel output? If I hook it up that way, would I lose the ability to adjust the crossover frequency on the sub?

My Scott 299b has a center channel where I could connect to a sub's low level input.  OR you might talk to Craig to see if you could connect another pair of speaker cables from the Scott to the high level inputs on the sub (which shouldn't put on much of a load).   You might have to move both pairs of speaker cables to your 4 ohm output.  DON'T do this without talking to Craig!  I wouldn't want to tell you to do anything that might harm your receiver.  I'm thinking the high impedance of the HSU inputs would keep you safe. 

Personally, I prefer the high level inputs like on the REL subs.  

I'm not sure why you would lose the ability to adjust the crossover frequency... unless for some reason those adjustments on the sub don't work on one or the other inputs?  Refer to the manual on that I guess.  

Edited by muel

You can parallel your speakers with the sub amp high level inputs.  You might add .1 Ohm load to your main amp in addition to the load from your speakers.  If you're hesitant, wire everything up and check your speaker wires with an Ohm meter right before you hook them to the amp outputs.