My Only Complaint Is...

The History Kid

In the last few months, I've converted from a long time Yamaha supported to a through-and-through Emotiva fanboy. I love the products, the look...the design...the sound (the most important). The fact that I can call in and talk to just a handful of different people who all speak English a few states away is also appealing.

What is not appealing is the fact that because it's a small company, repairs seem to take a bit of time, and time estimates go out the window. What is really annoying is that upon ordering a power amp on Monday, and being told it'd ship Tuesday, and that I'd receive it Wednesday - here we are. It is Friday, and Emotiva has yet to even ship the amp. They had just created a shipping label on Wednesday, and it has been sitting somewhere for two days now. I am sure this is largely just my impatience at the idea of getting a new toy...but five days handling time seems a bit much, and it's starting to error on the side of dissatisfaction than acceptable.

Am I just being impatient?

Edited by IbizaFlame

I would use different words. 

It's not necessarily that you are "impatient" but it is true that you have a certain amount of expectations.  The fact is that the Emotiva has been sitting for 5 days, that fact is not disputed.  If you were told the unit would ship in two weeks, then after 5 days you would not be "impatient" because your expectations are different.

But if you were told it would ship in 3 days and it has been 5 days, your expectation is that on Friday you would have your Emotiva is not unrealistic.  You would be justified to feel "impatient" because you were not given accurate shipping information, for whatever reason.

You would not feel this way if Emotiva called you up and said "hey we ran out of shipping boxes, can you wait a couple of days?"  Your expectations would be changed and you would not feel so frustrated.  I would call Emotiva and ask them for an honest answer. 

I don't think that's expecting too much.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Anticipation.... There was a Heinz Catsup song about that but you are to young to remember.

Hope everything arrives in good condition. ;)

Roger

Mention Ketchup and the BigStewMan can't be far. :P

Here is my contribution to the young one's eduction;

Some old film of Carly Simon singing "Anticipation" and playing her acoustic guitar

https://youtu.be/4NwP3wes4M8

Heinz Ketchup Anticipation TV ad 1979

https://youtu.be/uoLoyg3JKRQ

• Like 2

• Moderators

I ship items to customers regularly in my home based business.  We also receive a lot of supplies via various shipping methods.  I can tell you that on several occasions a shipping label has been printed and the item(s) appears to have not moved, but then unexpectedly gets delivered to my door.

Dang Ibiza........I bought a factory refreshed Gen 1 XDA-2 a week ago Thursday and it was on my porch in Michigan Monday afternoon. The added bonus was that they shipped me a Gen 2, and I swear it is brand new. Not a single scuff or scratch on this unit...black trim, updated remote and all. Maybe you can hint to them on the phone you are just starting your Emo journey and for your troubles maybe pitch in a pair of RCA's or something. They do have nice cables....hint, hint!

• Like 3

Anticipation.... There was a Heinz Catsup song about that but you are to young to remember.

Hope everything arrives in good condition. ;)

Roger

Hey Roger -- i wanted to give you a “like” until I saw the word “catsup.”  I’m pretty deep in the “Ketchup” camp myself.   Hope you are having a cool Friday though.

Steve

• Like 1

talk to just a handful of different people who all speak English a few states away

They must talk really loud.

I’m so impatient that i rarely ever order stuff -- Do they think we’re all seers?  How am i supposed to know on Monday that i’m going to want the stuff Wednesday.  All i know is what i want now.

Edited by BigStewMan

They did say it would ship today...but as of 630 it was still waiting to be dropped off. We will see. The point of ordering when I did was to be home to mess with it when it got here...looking less and less like that is going to happen.

Not being impatient. Anticipation is part of the fun in it. But, they do seem to be dropping the ball with it sitting there at 6:30 and supposed to be shipped today. If it meets or exceeds your expectations, it will be worth it. Are you sure you dont want to ship it to my house first? I'll give it a good inspection and my stamp of approval!  :D

It's not just small companies.

I ordered a windshield for a client's 2015 S550. $1500 plus tax and install !!

That was 3 weeks ago. Still hasn't shipped yet. And he's cruising with a cracked windshield, which IS illegal.

Yikes...that's a bit unnerving!

Not being impatient. Anticipation is part of the fun in it. But, they do seem to be dropping the ball with it sitting there at 6:30 and supposed to be shipped today. If it meets or exceeds your expectations, it will be worth it. Are you sure you dont want to ship it to my house first? I'll give it a good inspection and my stamp of approval!  :D

Yeah, and as of just now UPS reports it still hasn't been dropped off. I have heard of things similar to what dtel's wife was saying...where the package shows up without tracking updates...but after verifying it was still at their offices earlier, it leaves me to believe it hasn't left yet. That means it won't ship out now until Monday at the earliest...that's not at all sitting well with me.

I'll make you a deal...send me your RF-7's, I'll send you the UPA-2. :P

Companies get busy, give them a break. I've waited years for pieces because condition and price is important to me, I like to think of it as a "free hobby". I waited 2.5 yrs for k402's it was worth it, years for mint no rust Pilot amps, it was worth it, and my "grail" 6yrs,essentially new in box, not broken in Altec 604 8h's with x-overs. Hopefully your stuff will be there soon, and will be worth it!!! Hope you love them!!!