Attention all UK Cornwall owners

big42matt

I currently have klf-20 speakers and absolutely love them . I'm driving them with emotiva xpa1-l.

A friend and I really love the klipsch sound and were wondering if it is possible to come and listen to some Cornwalls. We are very interested in buying them but it seems that they can only be bought online and no HiFi stores seem to stock them.

We can bring the emotiva amps or an audion el34 se silver anniversary edition if that would be of interest . beers/ bottle of wine can be a thank you note if anyone would be kind enough to let us hear them!

Thanks in advance

Matt and Charles

• Like 2

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum.  Be sure not to pass up listening to the entire Heritage line if you get a chance.  Cornwall's are great, in the right room, with the right music...but La Scala's are awesome too, as well as Belle's and of course Klipschorns.  Have fun on your search!

I currently have klf-20 speakers and absolutely love them . I'm driving them with emotiva xpa1-l.

A friend and I really love the klipsch sound and were wondering if it is possible to come and listen to some Cornwalls. We are very interested in buying them but it seems that they can only be bought online and no HiFi stores seem to stock them.

We can bring the emotiva amps or an audion el34 se silver anniversary edition if that would be of interest . beers/ bottle of wine can be a thank you note if anyone would be kind enough to let us hear them!

Thanks in advance

Matt and Charles

Good luck on your quest and welcome. Your Audion is a stunningly good little amplifier Chorus isa great speaker and if you have some faith you can buy a kit with CNC baffles from Bob Crites for a set of Cornscala I have a soft spot for the Type D you can build your own cabinets or have a local cabinet shop do the work for you. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Cornwalls are my daily driver.  What type of music do you listen to.  I haven't tried any of the amps you speak of, but I have tried about 2 or 3 and each have worked great.  Cornwalls offer a great all out speaker for what they are worth.  I only listen to a pair twice before I decided I wanted a pair.  Good luck on your journey.

Thanks for your welcome and helpful replies! We will keep our fingers crossed someone in the UK might be game...

As for what music we listen to there really isn't any specific genre we don't. That's what I find is the beauty of the Klipsch is that it can play anything you throw at it!

As for la Scala we really like our bass hence thinking cw would be the best choice.. And k horns are just out of the price range!!

I was also thinking about the possibility of building crites cornscalas but the drivers just don't seem to be available over here in the UK :( if anyone has any suggestions for sourcing the drivers that would also be great .

Kind regards

Matt

Matt, you and your mates might be pioneers of the Klipsch sound in the UK.  I know there are some Klipsch speakers in your neck of the woods, but probably not many.

+++

Just a reminder, when you're having dinner, we're having lunch.  :) 

(more or less, we have 4 time zones in the US.  The UK and Portugal have the same time zone, and the rest of Europe is +1 from the UK.  No daylight savings time (DST) in Europe, but the UK has BST, which is of course, British Savings Time :) )  At the moment, the UK is +5 hours from the east coast time (New York) of the US. 

I know that's confusing!  :wacko:  (which is why I like the dinner/lunch truism) 

You might look up Dave Cawley--a dealer on the south coast of England.  I believe that he carries Klipsch Heritage:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/user/48950-dave-cawley/

And this is a recent quote from Richard (a.k.a., Coytee), about another dealer in Slough that owns a pair of Jubilees in his living room:

...[A] dealer in London is actually in Slough.  His name is Ralph Bagge and he was once mildly active..  Slough is something like a 15 minute train ride out of London (maybe 30??).  I've not emailed with him in a while but, his email at one time was ralph.bagge@virgin.net.  His showroom is actually the living room in his home (unless that has changed).

Good luck.

Chris

Edited by Chris A

I know that Audion and Klipsch did an event last year where they paired Khorns, La Scalas and Cornwalls with a variety of Audion amps. The event took place in the uk, the info was on Audions website, where it took place exactly i don't know. I never saw any coverage on it, which I looked for as I own a sterling EL34 and the event was meant to show how well the Audion amps pair with the heritage line. 

I am really happy with the match of my sterling El34 and my CWII's. In my room I wouldn't describe the bass as "thumping" but rather its very well balanced and focused, especially as I updated the woofers with the Emminence Kappa 15 c's.

I hope you find a pair to audition. 

Wow how odd that you say that!! We were there last Saturday at their demonstration event listening to a £40k + audio note system . Whilst it was out of our price range we were less than blown away by the an/e's they sounded very good but it just didn't grab us like the klipsch do, didn't seem to have the separation and super high resolution of the klf and this is the sound we are hunting with a little more refinement. This is what started the whole Cornwall hunt! They have Heresy's in and la Scala which we may well go have a listen to I just never entertained la Scala as I fear they are missing off a whole octave of the bass with their frequency response.

Thanks for the suggestion though! Every little helps :)

All the best

Matt

Wow how odd that you say that!! We were there last Saturday at their demonstration event listening to a £40k + audio note system . Whilst it was out of our price range we were less than blown away by the an/e's they sounded very good but it just didn't grab us like the klipsch do, didn't seem to have the separation and super high resolution of the klf and this is the sound we are hunting with a little more refinement. This is what started the whole Cornwall hunt! They have Heresy's in and la Scala which we may well go have a listen to I just never entertained la Scala as I fear they are missing off a whole octave of the bass with their frequency response.

Thanks for the suggestion though! Every little helps :)

All the best

Matt

Matt,

Years ago I was fortunate enough to be able to listen to the Klipsch Heresy, Cornwall and La Scala for very extended periods - the shop no longer exists.  Of course, everyone has different musical preferences, hearing and objectives but I fell in love with horn loaded bass reproduction - although the bass extension was more limited on the La Scala I felt the dynamics of the bass reproduction was much better, it felt 'live'.

If you live in the south-east, have you considered contacting any of Klipsch's European dealers?

Good luck with your search for a UK Cornwall owner.