New Klipsch Flagship Center

Scrappydue

so after living with just about every center klipsch makes, its amazing what one can get used to with the size of these things. the palladium seemed so big at first but now looks right at home on my entertainment center. without going crazy huge like multiple 10" wooers and keeping things somewhat "normal" sized i think the next flagship speaker ought to be a combination of 4 8" woofers (of course copper is perfectly fine  :D ) and the 510 horn with the 2" b&c de750 from the cinema line up. this combination would probably make for the best center that would ever come out of klipsch factory. would it be for everyone? no. is the 64ii even for everyone? no. but if a center like that was offered at say 1800-2000$ i think it would sell like crazy to us "not so normal" folks 

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 2

a forum member is gonna cough up 2 grand for a center speaker. never happen.
 not everyone on here is a penny pincher. and many people now days with the internet research klipsch speakers and get directed to this site. so reading reviews from the few of us who are willing to cough up the dough is what helps sales and gets the word out
  • Like 2

I'll stick with my LaScala center channel, which doubles as my TV stand. And when I eventually get around to upgrading it, a 510 will already fit just fine...
while i agree that a lascala is a awesome center, it allows almost no symmetry in the room. i recently talked to my wife about doing three heresy or cornwalls (can't do the depth of la scalas) and when i showed her pics of trio's with audio tower on one side and sub on the other, she said it no longer appeared like a living room. now if you could do in wall audio rack and then dual sub up front it would at least maintain an even look up front which would be ok. but a dedicated horizontal center was designed to be living room friendly for people.  
  • Like 1

so after living with just about every center klipsch makes, its amazing what one can get used to with the size of these things. the palladium seemed so big at first but now looks right at home on my entertainment center. without going crazy huge like multiple 10" wooers and keeping things somewhat "normal" sized i think the next flagship speaker ought to be a combination of 4 8" woofers (of course copper is perfectly fine  :D ) and the 510 horn with the 2" b&c de750 from the cinema line up. this combination would probably make for the best center that would ever come out of klipsch factory. would it be for everyone? no. is the 64ii even for everyone? no. but if a center like that was offered at say 1800-2000$ i think it would sell like crazy to us "not so normal" folks 

Interesting idea and that would sound amazing without a doubt. Would Klipsch be willing to use B&C drivers? For some reason I thought they only used their own. I'm seriously considering DIY speakers using a BMS compression driver with either the SEOS24 or the K402 and either 2 or 4 15's. 

so after living with just about every center klipsch makes, its amazing what one can get used to with the size of these things. the palladium seemed so big at first but now looks right at home on my entertainment center. without going crazy huge like multiple 10" wooers and keeping things somewhat "normal" sized i think the next flagship speaker ought to be a combination of 4 8" woofers (of course copper is perfectly fine :D ) and the 510 horn with the 2" b&c de750 from the cinema line up. this combination would probably make for the best center that would ever come out of klipsch factory. would it be for everyone? no. is the 64ii even for everyone? no. but if a center like that was offered at say 1800-2000$ i think it would sell like crazy to us "not so normal" folks

Interesting idea and that would sound amazing without a doubt. Would Klipsch be willing to use B&C drivers? For some reason I thought they only used their own. I'm seriously considering DIY speakers using a BMS compression driver with either the SEOS24 or the K402 and either 2 or 4 15's.
somw cinema stuff uses b&c. My kpt-904 used de-75. And new ones use de-750 which is newer version of mine.

I think the size of the RC64ii makes it tough for some, it would be for me. I like dual 6.5's, but dual 8's would be great IMO, little more grunt.

Hard to beat a bstock 64ii for $899 right now.

thats my favorite thing about audio ball subjective. Cause to me it's easy to beat for that price.

The RC 64 and 64II are great center channel but, they are huge for most living rooms.  For us few carzy folks like Scrappy mention, large centers are OK.  The reason I did not get an RC 7 was due to the height of the speaker and thinking along the lines of traditional home entertainment stands.  Cost vs market is a big factor in the development of a speaker with four 8 in. woofers.

so after living with just about every center klipsch makes, its amazing what one can get used to with the size of these things. the palladium seemed so big at first but now looks right at home on my entertainment center. without going crazy huge like multiple 10" wooers and keeping things somewhat "normal" sized i think the next flagship speaker ought to be a combination of 4 8" woofers (of course copper is perfectly fine :D ) and the 510 horn with the 2" b&c de750 from the cinema line up. this combination would probably make for the best center that would ever come out of klipsch factory. would it be for everyone? no. is the 64ii even for everyone? no. but if a center like that was offered at say 1800-2000$ i think it would sell like crazy to us "not so normal" folks

somw cinema stuff uses b&c. My kpt-904 used de-75. And new ones use de-750 which is newer version of mine.

Oh I had no idea the pro stuff used B&C drivers, good to know. So how does your new Palladium stack up against your KPTs?

The RC 64 and 64II are great center channel but, they are huge for most living rooms.  For us few carzy folks like Scrappy mention, large centers are OK.  The reason I did not get an RC 7 was due to the height of the speaker and thinking along the lines of traditional home entertainment stands.  Cost vs market is a big factor in the development of a speaker with four 8 in. woofers.

Thats my issue with the 64ii, the width. I do want more ooopmh than the RC62ii, but its no slouch. RC7 looks like the best choice for me right now because it is not much larger than the 62ii.

Edited by gadgtfreek
  • Like 1

I used to buy center channel speakers that would fit into my tv stand, I now buy the TV stand to fit my center.

I'd be willing to drop $2k on a quality center channel, it is the most important speaker in your HT.

Edited by K5SS
  • Like 2

Oh I had no idea the pro stuff used B&C drivers, good to know. So how does your new Palladium stack up against your KPTs?
i haven't had either side by side. What I do know is once I got the cinema gear everything else I had became inadequate. I tried the palladium cause I got a good price. Well now when I go from theater to living room I feel no less in sound quality, detail, and dynamics. The palladiums are fantastic. Worth msrp? Nope. Worth what the deal I got. IMO yes. They suit a few things. They maintain the clarity and detail from my cinema gear and they look fantastic. Probably one of the top three most beaitiful speakers I've ever seen in real life.
  • Like 1

I think the size of the RC64ii makes it tough for some, it would be for me. I like dual 6.5's, but dual 8's would be great IMO, little more grunt.

Hard to beat a bstock 64ii for $899 right now.

Indeed, pretty good deal ! If you manage to squeze it in then its beasty performance is jaw dropping !!