New Klipsch Flagship Center

Scrappydue

"No one will pay over $1,000 for a center speaker"!    said me, when I was buying my RC52II 3 years ago. :)

I personally love the width of the RC64II. It is considerably wider than my 60" TV's base, so it fits perfectly like a piece of furniture between my stereo cabinet and the TV. Right where I want it - under the TV.

When I had my RC-52II, I had to get another - wider, piece of wood (1" thk x 16" w x 25" L) to support the width of the tv base. And that didn't look very good, but worked.

I have been looking for a single belle for a while. I think it would be the best center for my other belles, and also would then become my TV Stand. Unless I get khorns then I already have 2 center channel speakers. So confused. My system sounds great. Why does this sickness continue.

• Like 1

I have been looking for a single belle for a while. I think it would be the best center for my other belles, and also would then become my TV Stand. Unless I get khorns then I already have 2 center channel speakers. So confused. My system sounds great. Why does this sickness continue.

I started out big on the video side in 2003, bought my first plasma ($2800 for a 42"  :blink: ).  It wasn't until 2008 or so I got halfway serious with audio, since then I went from a Klipsch sub-12 and a def tech pro monitor system to what I have now. Now Im going amp, preamp, new speakers and have dual 15's. The good thing about video is it tops out, the bad thing about audio is it tops out with cash flow. 

I wouldnt trade the last few years for the world though. Every since I bought dual Hsu 15's and Klipsch towers, I have been HOOKED on the audio side. Still to this day, a movie with a good track make me literally grin, just like Interstellar did 3 weeks ago. I can't wait to test out the new gear in a week or two, will probably be the new Hobbit.

• Like 1

Like I said, for me, the 64 is a piece of furniture. 12 x 14 room, and unfortunately, have to "corner" the stand/TV, putting the RF 7s on different walls, but with the size of the room, acoustic panels high on the walls and carpeting, the RF-7s fill the room with sound!

The good thing is that I can get behind the stand/60" TV without moving anything and it allows me to clean up wiring, and adjust things as needed. I actually like messing around back there.

Edited by Woodekk
  • Like 1

I started out big on the video side in 2003, bought my first plasma ($2800 for a 42"  :blink: ).  It wasn't until 2008 or so I got halfway serious with audio, since then I went from a Klipsch sub-12 and a def tech pro monitor system to what I have now. Now Im going amp, preamp, new speakers and have dual 15's. The good thing about video is it tops out, the bad thing about audio is it tops out with cash flow. 

I wouldnt trade the last few years for the world though. Every since I bought dual Hsu 15's and Klipsch towers, I have been HOOKED on the audio side. Still to this day, a movie with a good track make me literally grin, just like Interstellar did 3 weeks ago. I can't wait to test out the new gear in a week or two, will probably be the new Hobbit.

One way to look at by buying the hi-end speakers you have, you're probably set on speakers for quite a while, unless you just like to continually buy stuff, some people do. 

True. I have always wanted those towers, and the center I will probably get. I figure I'd have to spend 5 times the amount to make a huge difference next time, and that just isnt gonna happen. No reason I should have to buy anymore towers or a center once I get done.

Edited by gadgtfreek

Large TV's should be lower than the height of a Belle allows. Unless your seating position is higher than normal that is.

My 70" sits on a custom stand that is only 18" or so tall and it is perfect for my seating position.

A vertical Cornwall (old Cornwall II) laid on it's side works perfectleh between two Cornwalls as mains. Timbre matched and effortless. In my world the best center channel speaker is identical to the mains. That C II on it's side also makes for a perfect flat screen stand. I have a 3/4" thick sheet of memory foam below it and on top of it to isolate the TV from vibration as much as possible.

Large TV's should be lower than the height of a Belle allows. Unless your seating position is higher than normal that is.

My 70" sits on a custom stand that is only 18" or so tall and it is perfect for my seating position.

I thought so at first, but when you're on a reclining sofa it works out just right.  My feet don't block the view and I can lie back and comfortably see the screen without having to look through the near focus lower section of my progressive eyeglass lenses.

My TV is a 65" Panasonic VT-30.

• Like 1

My 65" VT50 is 28" (bottom) off the floor. I bought a low pro stand (18" tall) and it leaves plenty of room for the center on top. I love it. I basically wall mounted so I could put the large center on top of the stand, and have the display right above it.

Edited by gadgtfreek

I figure I'd have to spend 5 times the amount to make a huge difference next time, and that just isnt gonna happen
after reference is cinema and its more like double your investment for 5 times the performance  ;) but you can enjoy what you have for now  B) 

In my world the best center channel speaker is identical to the mains
amen brother

I thought next was Palladium.
yeah if you wanna stay pretty. if you want 100% performance, cinema is next inline and it would probably almost make you mad if i told you how much they cost and how much better they are than even the rf-7ii. so i won't :ph34r: 

and i owned the thx ultra set for a while. they are great for movies. if you were 100% id take them over the rf-7ii and rc-64ii combo ONLY because the kl-650 is a better center than the 64ii for movies. now if there is any music in the mix, the thx ultra 2 sets gotta go.  

I used to not sweat music, but once again as I get older, I find everything I listen to I want to sound good. I mean SACD thru the Oppo, outstanding, so an HT only speaker would have worked 5 years ago, wouldn't now.

I laugh when people say Klipsch is only good for HT because they are efficient. When I had the smaller outlaw amp (7125) pushing the 82ii's and 62ii, and the dual subs, Adele Live at Royal Albert Hall and Metallica Pour une Nuit would give you chill bumps.

I used to not sweat music, but once again as I get older, I find everything I listen to I want to sound good
i won't blame my feelings on getting older as i am only 29 however i bought the thx stuff and fell in love. then after a bit i found myself missing my f63 setup because music sounded terrible. well then i tried talking myself into just having a rf setup upstairs and dedicated theater would be for movies only. great idea right? wrong. literally every single movie has a soundtrack and they just didn't sound good. so i sold the thx ultras and bought the cinema stuff the exact same day. best move i have made so far. they smoke everything for movies and music. after getting them my search for the best has stopped. only reason i still buy so much stuff is cause i enjoy the hunt fro great deals. i love hearing new speakers. and i was never 100 percent happy with what i had upstairs after having the cinema stuff downstairs. well now the palladium has got me there. so now i am 100 percent happy in both rooms. 

lol so i guess next is a bigger house with more rooms. what a fun hobby to be in  

I have 2 Belles for mains and a 3rd on the way for a center. after a couple PMs from members, I'm going to use the orphan CF-3 for the center. Now what to do with the incoming Belle? I have 2 Decorator Verticals being refurbed for rears and just picked up a 3rd set of CWs. And the KLF C-7 is already listed for sale. I guess I could go Belles across the front with the Verticals for rears and have a 2nd system with CWs front and rear with the KLF for a center. And then I would still have an orphan CF-3. Or use the 3 for the center and sell the 7

Dammit WVU, it's all your fault! 

Now what do I do?

Mark

I have 2 Belles for mains and a 3rd on the way for a center. after a couple PMs from members, I'm going to use the orphan CF-3 for the center. Now what to do with the incoming Belle? I have 2 Decorator Verticals being refurbed for rears and just picked up a 3rd set of CWs. And the KLF C-7 is already listed for sale. I guess I could go Belles across the front with the Verticals for rears and have a 2nd system with CWs front and rear with the KLF for a center. And then I would still have an orphan CF-3. Or use the 3 for the center and sell the 7

Dammit WVU, it's all your fault! 

Now what do I do?

Mark

Belles across the front sounds ideal.  Then more Belles or La Scalas for the sides and rears and you're all set.  To be honest, the big matching side and rear speakers are not needed for every movie, but when they are, there's nothing like it.  Hearing a helicopter fly over your shoulder and then seeing it land in the scene onscreen, with perfect "I can almost reach out and touch it" audio all the way, is the type of experience every HT owner would like to have, but few do.

With an all-Heritage or all Pro Theater setup, you've got it.

Edited by Islander
  • Like 1

it would probably almost make you mad if i told you how much they cost and how much better they are than even the rf-7ii. so i won't :ph34r:

I was told pretty much this same thing about the 88 Specials and Tempests but I can't hardly stand listening to the things. RF-7ii's have a laid back and warm sound that personally I like. They admittedly sound nothing like a super crisp cinema horn but maybe that's not what some people are after. I haven't heard the cinema line but I also know that's the biggest thing that would change. I can A/B them with a Denovo DNA-360 compression driver and 15" horn and the Denovo/15 is WAYYYYYY different, by definition it is better.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Well my compression driver on the cinema cost about the same as the cinema 88. Guessing that should make a difference.

But after being to your house and listening with you Id say you like less treble than most. So the cinema line may not even be for you either.

And you keep beating around the bush. When you coming up here ;)

But after being to your house and listening with you Id say you like less treble than most. So the cinema line may not even be for you either.

Loud crisp treble and high midrange makes me not be able to hear jack crap for about a week, especially if there are weird reflections like on hardwood floors. Subs and midbass doesn't bother me.

And you keep beating around the bush. When you coming up here ;)

Order some stuff I can deliver. :) Otherwise... maybe on the way here:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/19th-annual-keystone-bluegrass-and-beer-festival-saturday-august-1-and-sunday-august-2-2015-1pm-5pm-tickets-16416070910

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters