New Klipsch Flagship Center

Scrappydue

I have 2 Belles for mains and a 3rd on the way for a center. after a couple PMs from members, I'm going to use the orphan CF-3 for the center. Now what to do with the incoming Belle? I have 2 Decorator Verticals being refurbed for rears and just picked up a 3rd set of CWs. And the KLF C-7 is already listed for sale. I guess I could go Belles across the front with the Verticals for rears and have a 2nd system with CWs front and rear with the KLF for a center. And then I would still have an orphan CF-3. Or use the 3 for the center and sell the 7

Dammit WVU, it's all your fault! 

Now what do I do?

Mark

Belles across the front sounds ideal.  Then more Belles or La Scalas for the sides and rears and you're all set.  To be honest, the big matching side and rear speakers are not needed for every movie, but when they are, there's nothing like it.  Hearing a helicopter fly over your shoulder and then seeing it land in the scene onscreen, with perfect "I can almost reach out and touch it" audio all the way, is the type of experience every HT owner would like to have, but few do.

With an all-Heritage or all Pro Theater setup, you've got it.

So all Belles across the front, I have 3 pair of CWs, use the verticals for the rears and 79s for the sides? And then what with the extra CWs and the KLF C-7 and orphan CF-3?

Mark

I think Klipsch is in somewhat of a catch 22 with the Heritage, Reference and the Palladium line, let alone a stellar center including a 510.  I cant see any of the Heritage line get any major improvements other than a swap of a driver diaphragm change or something similar like we have seen already.  PK's Heritage are the main staple and what put Klipsch on the map and I have big kudos for Klipsch for not altering them in honor of the creator or drifting of what is already very good. At the same time, the cinema line is where its at as duly noted already, but how do you incorporate the horns, drivers of the cinema line into the Reference line center without nixing the good ole Heritage offerings or offering mains that would match? There are too many good aftermarket horn improvements readily available for the K's, B's and LS's to over look them.  IMO, you either stick with whats readily available or you press what you have with improving on them yourself.  That said, I would love to see a 3 way with decent tweeter, a 510 and two 15" woofers in a vented cab, but wait we already have something very similar.  As far as using the 510 with a center and padding it down so much to match the reference mains, where would that actually put us in output and limiting its abilities so much?  Im all for crazy big mid horns, but they do have to sell LOTS of them to not lose money.

What I said was not to pad it down to match but the new flagship towers be a two way klf-30 type with dual 12's and the 510 horn. Or cf-4 type of config. Just a new flagship that screams hey we are serious about competing with the likes of jtr, seaton, psa, guys like that.

What I said was not to pad it down to match but the new flagship towers be a two way klf-30 type with dual 12's and the 510 horn. Or cf-4 type of config. Just a new flagship that screams hey we are serious about competing with the likes of jtr, seaton, psa, guys like that.

Honestly, my guess for the home market along with most folks having subs taking up the lower end the width of the RF-7 design is about as far as they could go before diminishing returns. IOW, larger LF drivers means selling speakers to a public that is going in the other direction.  My 2 cents. {EDIT: Note the companies you mention are internet direct and cater to a niche market that doesn't have public stock holders.}

Edited by tkdamerica

I would love it, I just think there would be a collision in certain areas of the other models. I have to agree with you though about the "monumental breakthrough's,"  and we haven't really seen any in quite some time, just moot  changes here and there.

We all need bigger horns and personally I don't think the 510 is big enough for mains. We need something all new along the lines of a smaller sized 402.  I searched the names you mentioned and came up with this. 

If this wouldn't draw interest and awe with the avid listeners, then Klipsch is doing right staying course with the same ole lineup with white paper improvements. 

042714-JTR-600.jpg?itok=ANJFB-gt

Edited by Max2

I know it's not going to happen guys just thought it would be fun to start a thread and see others thoughts on the ulitmate Center channel.

And I think 510's are PLENTY for mains. I've had extensive talks with guys stating they are 95% of a 402 horn. So a 16 inch wide horn fits in my room. Three 36" wide horns would fit however no subs would. And kpt-904's NEED subs.

Edited by Scrappydue