Klipsch wish

YK Thom

I don't wish to sound like a heretic ....but I having recently spent time with a friends Heresey set up, I was underwhelmed. Always liked the look, concept, size and history of the model but...

They just seem lacking. In a perfect world (any Klipsch wigs reading?), I'd love to see a 21rst century reimagining of the model. A three way design has in my opinion always produced the smoothest sound. A rethought Heresey of roughly the same height and width but perhaps twice as deep (or more to fill in the missing bass), with a modern cermatillic woofer and a Reference tweeter would be just the ticket. Something to bridge the gap between bookshelf and floorstander.

Sort of a Heresy Millenium/palladium.

Just sayin'

I doubt you'll see modification of that variety ever to hit the heritage line. It's basically to be left the way PWK left it.

As for the horn...I'm pretty sure the heritage line uses better horns, and better driver design than the Reference line.

Perhaps it might have been the configuration of your friends setup that has left you feeling more is to be desired...

• Like 3

Sorry to say but they sounded thin and somewhat screechy. Not as refined in my opinion as a Reference tweeter. I would not expect the original to be changed or dropped ( too many fans), but rather a new model based on the Herseys but with modern characteristics.

Sorry to say but they sounded thin and somewhat screechy. Not as refined in my opinion as a Reference tweeter. I would not expect the original to be changed or dropped ( too many fans), but rather a new model based on the Herseys but with modern characteristics.
 you said it in the first post. its called the p-17b. they are fantastic. best bookshelves i have ever heard or had the pleasure of owning. 
  • Like 1

I don't wish to sound like a heretic ....but I having recently spent time with a friends Heresey set up, I was underwhelmed. Always liked the look, concept, size and history of the model but...

They just seem lacking. In a perfect world (any Klipsch wigs reading?), I'd love to see a 21rst century reimagining of the model. A three way design has in my opinion always produced the smoothest sound. A rethought Heresey of roughly the same height and width but perhaps twice as deep (or more to fill in the missing bass), with a modern cermatillic woofer and a Reference tweeter would be just the ticket. Something to bridge the gap between bookshelf and floorstander.

Sort of a Heresy Millenium/palladium.

Just sayin'

a Heresy will bring out details - you didnt know were even there    /   lacking - you mean -UNCOLORED - Heresy speakers were designed for vocals - and precise sound reproduction -

=if you want - a lot of boom - and bang -   Sears -kmart speakers will do better - - I would suggest you listen to some HI FI before sharing with a whole forum such a remark -

-in case you didnt know -Heresy 1  carries the same midrange K55V or K55X and tweeter T35 as a Khorn in 2015 - the H3 carries the same midrange and tweeter of  a Cornwall 3 made in 2015 -

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

sounds like Bozo speaking

C'mon, let's not get personal, and certainly no name-calling.

First of all Mr. Thom is entitled to his opinion of what he heard with his own ears, we weren't there.  And second, he did not insult the whole Klipsch community, he didn't hurt my feelings one bit.  He said he heard a Heresy setup, possibly the original Heresy.  There is a reason Klipsch moved on to the Heresy II.

I imagine if we could sit down with Mr. Thom and listen to the same setup he heard, we might agree with him.  Who knows?

• Like 3

you said it in the first post. its called the p-17b. they are fantastic. best bookshelves i have ever heard or had the pleasure of owning.

They are the speakers on my horizon- had hoped for them earlier this year but had some unexpected expenses pop up. Later this or early next.

You are right probably the best sounding stand mount out there. As to my original thought, something with palladium engineeringing in a Heresy style tilted floor mount could be an instant classic.

They are the speakers on my horizon- had hoped for them earlier this year but had some unexpected expenses pop up. Later this or early next.

You are right probably the best sounding stand mount out there. As to my original thought, something with palladium engineeringing in a Heresy style tilted floor mount could be an instant classic.

womt ever happen. They have too many models as it is. Heresy with a sub would fill your needs. Orrrr my palladiums bookshelves are for sale :) lol
  • Like 2

sounds like Bozo speaking

C'mon, let's not get personal, and certainly no name-calling.

First of all Mr. Thom is entitled to his opinion of what he heard with his own ears, we weren't there.  And second, he did not insult the whole Klipsch community, he didn't hurt my feelings one bit.  He said he heard a Heresy setup, possibly the original Heresy.  There is a reason Klipsch moved on to the Heresy II.

I imagine if we could sit down with Mr. Thom and listen to the same setup he heard, we might agree with him.  Who knows?

I confess to have sinned in temptation -  God have mercy on my soul

Edited by Randyh

Randhy,

You may have mistaken my desire for a better sounding speaker the wrong way. There is no doubt they are very detailed- all Klipsch are, which is why we purchase and enjoy them. There is however always room to build upon past successes and develop improvements.

My point and post is theoretical, I feel that the heresy could be reimagined and improved.

No disparagement on the original, it is just not to my personal tastes.

• Like 1

womt ever happen. They have too many models as it is. Heresy with a sub would fill your needs. Orrrr my palladiums bookshelves are for sale :) lol
I know...and think about them all time. If they are still about in a couple months I'm sure we can work out the shipping issue we discussed.

I'd recommend listening to a pair of Forte II's.

I believe that the Forte was intended to be that replacement for the Heresy, however, the Forte (1985-1989) and it's tractrix midrange horn successor (Forte II - 1989-1996) were dropped.  The pairs that I've heard are quite good--and I'm amazed that the Forte II didn't stick around.

7202-3.jpg

scaled_007.JPG

• Like 1

In a sealed enclosure, adding volume really doesn't add bass as you would think. A passive or a port is the way to go. A simple 4" port about 7" long in a Heresy would give it 20Hz more bass extension. A radiator like the Dayton 10" would give about 10Hz more extension to a Heresy.

I'm not sure if anybody can tell you why this isn't done. I am sure there is a good reason. 

See new post below. 

Edited by mustang guy

We don't know a lot about your friends set up.  What did he use for a source?  What electronics?  H 1's or 2's?  Have they ever been recapped?  What type room, size and treatments where there?  There are a lot of variables that can certainly make those speakers sound underwhelming.

• Like 4

There are compromises in every speaker with driver designs and cabinet size weighing in the most.  Klipsch has probably sold more Heresy's than any other speaker. Sure, you can port it, make the cab bigger by volume, add a radiator, but all changing the size and function of the speaker. You can always add more bottom end with any design, but remember that you will lose response in other areas.  There are other models in the Klipsch line that you may be impressed by much more. The Heresy is a great speaker that will floor most other speakers in its size and much bigger in output, but the Heresy is usually the first stepping stone for most avid Heritage listeners. 

In a sealed enclosure, adding volume really doesn't add bass as you would think. A passive or a port is the way to go. A simple 4" port about 7" long in a Heresy would give it 20Hz more bass extension. A radiator like the Dayton 10" would give about 10Hz more extension to a Heresy.

I'm not sure if anybody can tell you why this isn't done. I am sure there is a good reason. 

Let me correct my math. I was wrong about this. I was measuring a K-22 in a 3 cu ft box. The Heresy has a net internal volume close to 1.667 cu ft. A port or passive in this would have very little effect at all.

Make the Heresy 8" taller and 2" deeper, then add a 4" port 8 1/5" long, and you would add 20Hz bass extension. A passive would add about half that.

Sorry for the dumb mistake...

post-47699-0-79040000-1429633984_thumb.j

post-47699-0-63840000-1429634547_thumb.j

post-47699-0-14200000-1429634555_thumb.j

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

I confess to have sinned in temptation

If that's your only sin, you are in good shape.  :emotion-21:

- God have mercy on my soul [/quote

I'll give your plea some consideration...

Edited by wvu80

Make the Heresy 8" taller and 2" deeper, then add a 4" port 8 1/5" long, and you would add 20Hz bass extension. A passive would add about half that.

Humm, sounds just like a Forte...

;)