K-402 in wood!

kodomo

Not to get to far off subject, but what is the difference between the Jubilees with the grills and the front wood panel that extends to the top of the bass bin, and the ones where the wood panel doesn't?

Jubs with grills? Maybe added by owner? Or its a clone?

It's always amazing to me how much people's preconceived ideas about "proper audiophile practices" seem to override otherwise good sense.

In the picture above, the Jub clones are not pushed back to within 18 inches of the front and side walls, and therefore will exhibit a suck-out in the bass performance at about 100-200 Hz. A small false wall (or large bookcase perpendicular to the front wall) on the right will double the deep LF room gain.

Additionally, vanity seems also to come at a high price - in this case all that "stuff" between the Jubilees (equipment rack and gear) will audibly degrade the stereo image, which is probably why the Jub clones are pulled out of their corners.  If the person owning that gear would simply move that gear at least 2-3 feet in front of the left side Jub clone, the stereo imaging made famous by the Klipsch Jubilee will return.

YMMV.  I'm only a Klipsch Jubilee owner (...what do I know?)

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 2

If the person owning that gear would simply move that gear to one side or the other at least 2-3 feet away from either corner, the stereo imaging made famous by the Klipsch Jubilee will return.

But it wouldn't look as impressive which is what it's REALLY about, isn't it?

:huh:

12119109_839219196191207_2552574012250594297_n.jpg

This guy has a wonderful choice of custom made speakers and he has that crappy choice in wall hangings?

:facepalm:

OK fess up, who's are these? I gotta think its a forum member :)

Okay, this is done in Ukraine.
A couple of years ago, I bought here a couple of 402 horns, for my friend. So we had the original. And my friend decided to build a clone of the tree. We have a master who can be trusted with such Projects. One issue will have to sell the original.
  • Like 2

This guy has a wonderful choice of custom made speakers and he has that crappy choice in wall hangings?

:facepalm:

OK fess up, who's are these? I gotta think its a forum member :)

Okay, this is done in Ukraine.
A couple of years ago, I bought here a couple of 402 horns, for my friend. So we had the original. And my friend decided to build a clone of the tree. We have a master who can be trusted with such Projects. One issue will have to sell the original.

I would buy them if you offer a fair price

Edited by Arash

This can be done cost effectively.  Use a nice looking veneer on the bass bind, build a wood frame for the 402's and pho paint the horns. 

Check out there garage doors:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pho+paint+garage+door&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIpqjrtdnHyAIVUJuICh248gGC&biw=1266&bih=870

Hi Arash.
In my opinion you talked with my friend on FB.
 I bought 402 here, 800 customs and transport in Ukraine amounted to 400. I do not know the cost of delivery to Iran from Ukraine. We have EMC, I think they will deliver.
Good luck.

Hello buddy,

I can pay 500 Euros for them (without compression drivers) and I'll arrange a pickup at your door. let me know if we can have a deal.

Enjoy your wooden K402! :)