K-402 in wood!

kodomo

Actually, creating a high quality 3d model from the K402 would not have to be very expensive.

All you need is a decent (DSLR or System) camera, a tripod, appropriate professional photogrammetry software like: Autodesk ReMake, Agisoft PhotoScan, RealityCapture, or 3DF Zephyr and a workstation.

It's not that difficult to convert a point cloud into a useable CAD model.

20891653_10156657795904762_1009208429_n.jpg.6f71fc917d7d4392ad4cd196f2f7e966.jpg

Edited by ARX
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Marvel said:

oohms,

The throat is the most critical part.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Bruce

At higher frequencies yes.. but you can clearly see what is going on from photos on the net. (Which i have also more or less replicated in my design)

Plus the compression driver forms part of the throat anyway, and people are doing silly things like using long throat adaptors

Edited by oohms
  • Like 1

On 5-11-2017 at 1:05 AM, oohms said:

At higher frequencies yes.. but you can clearly see what is going on from photos on the net. (Which i have also more or less replicated in my design)

Plus the compression driver forms part of the throat anyway, and people are doing silly things like using long throat adaptors

Hey, I know a lot of people have already asked you, but if you have some detailed building plans (that you could give to a carpenter for example) I would be very interested in them. Wouldnt mind paying a bit to have them drawn up or something. 

But in any case, beautiful build! 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2017 at 11:57 PM, Droogne said:

Hey, I know a lot of people have already asked you, but if you have some detailed building plans (that you could give to a carpenter for example) I would be very interested in them. Wouldnt mind paying a bit to have them drawn up or something. 

But in any case, beautiful build! 

Sorry, in the spirit of Klipsch DIY, i'm only giving people ideas. I get the feeling that distributing detailed plans (free or for profit) might go against that.

That said, with a little work you can make your own plans :)

Edited by oohms
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, oohms said:

Sorry, in the spirit of Klipsch DIY, i'm only giving people ideas. I get the feeling that distributing detailed plans (free or for profit) might go against that.

That said, with a little work you can make your own plans :)

That is quite true ;) I respect that sentiment. Maybe I'll try that one day!