Peavey to close Mississippi Manufacturing Plant

dtel's wife

This is insulting:

Hartley Peavey, who founded the company in 1965, told the Meridian Star then that an unfavorable business climate in the state and the U.S. and an inability to find enough trained workers were problems.

What Hartley is really saying is we can't find any people who are skilled and who will work for poverty pay scale. Hartley they can't afford to work for those numbers. This has nothing to do with skilled workers, this America and this is what happens when you sell out your manufacturing sector for a fast buck you sell the job to the lowest bidder. Off shore business. This has taken some decades to get to this point but get ready for more of this every day. Very sorry to read this news.

• Like 1

What Hartley is really saying is we can't find any people who are skilled and who will work for poverty pay scale. Hartley they can't afford to work for those numbers. This has nothing to do with skilled workers

This country actually has a shortage of skilled labor. In my normal job we have been looking for a software engineer for over a year. In my side job I can't find welders who will work for $50 an hour. Last I checked just on one site alone there were over 100,000 engineer jobs available in this country.

What Hartley is really saying is we can't find any people who are skilled and who will work for poverty pay scale. Hartley they can't afford to work for those numbers. This has nothing to do with skilled workers

This country actually has a shortage of skilled labor. In my normal job we have been looking for a software engineer for over a year. In my side job I can't find welders who will work for $50 an hour. Last I checked just on one site alone there were over 100,000 engineer jobs available in this country.

This is because an entire generation got duped into taking out massive loans for useless "Liberal Arts" degrees instead of going to a trade school and learning actual skills.

• Like 4

This is because an entire generation got duped into taking out massive loans for useless "Liberal Arts" degrees instead of going to a trade school and learning actual skills.

If skilled people are not available it is because the trades do not offer ample work options for people any more not because there are not people who could not do these jobs if they existed in numbers. a bill of goods have been sold to the public. This "you can't compete" crap is just so much horse poop just look at Germany the strongest economy in Europe.

I've seen it first hand that a lot of these millenials are told by their parents how wonderful/perfect they are resulting in them having a big head and some of the worst work ethics around. The job I'm in can be learned on the fly but it does take fortitude.

Edited by Mighty Favog
  • Like 1

Looks like all the huff and fluff in a previous thread about Peavy's Mississippi plant closing, which was posted shortly after an "Under Cover Boss" television episode, was based on pure BS..... thank you A.P. in New York.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

Have you ever tried hiring anyone? Just sayin'

Have you ever had to fire somebody?  Better yet, have you ever had to pay the price of hiring the wrong person for the job?

Just sayin'

EDIT:

Sorry, my response was a bit aggressive. But the results of hiring the wrong person can be emotionally draining.... to say nothing of the financial vacuum associated with hiring a bad person who interviews well.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

Have you ever tried hiring anyone? Just sayin'

I agree with your sentiments here. An employer needs to take a chance sometimes and hire someone that maybe doesn't have all the proper degrees or whatever but can do the work required. I've met a lot of people without degrees that are sharp and hard working and people with college degrees that are as dumb as a post and lazy....Just sayin'

• Like 1