Wife is going to kill me building the jamboree

Followed the jamboree thread and sent for the plans.Got them in a email today.

Going to make them into my front mains. Trying to get started in the next couple of weeks. Will post pic's and progress as I go. Looks like it will take a while to build them.

• Like 3

Thanks guys I will be asking a bunch of questions. Will appreciate any help I can get. I am lucky I have a bil that has killer wood skills and a shop to match. Every time I show up at his shop he just shakes his head, and says what are you getting me into this time.

I let him look over the plans and he said that looks doable!

• Like 1

My plan is to use the mid and tweeter from my cornscalas for the top hat. Order 2 more woofers from Bob to finish out the bass bin.

Crossover is still up in the air, maybe use the cornscala xover? Ideas needed?

I would look at some of Al's designs, or even contact Dean.  Unless you want to mess with actives.  What mid, and tweeter are you using in your Cornscala.

My plan is to use the mid and tweeter from my cornscalas for the top hat. Order 2 more woofers from Bob to finish out the bass bin.

I would look at some of Al's designs, or even contact Dean.  Unless you want to mess with actives.  What mid, and tweeter are you using in your Cornscala.
I have the d405 mid with the Ti tweeter they are the "C" style. Going to check out Al and Dean when I get to that point.

I have the d405 mid with the Ti tweeter they are the "C" style. Going to check out Al and Dean when I get to that point.

Word to the wise: Al and Dean get backed up with work so don't wait until the last minute. What frequency does this bin need to crossover to the midrange?

A little update caught a great deal today. Had been told of a local guy that was selling plywood cheap. When by his shop today and priced some red oak 3/4 4x8 sheets for this build. He is almost 1/2 what local stores are charging. Since I have most of the parts for this build ( mid driver and horn plus tweeter and horn and 2 woofers) with his plywood prices I think I can do the entire build for 600.00.

Maybe the wife won't kill me now!! Going to pick up the wood sometime this week and try to get started this weekend.

If anybody else tries this build pm me I made a pretty good cut sheet for this .

• Like 1

One advice I can give, is cut the braces after you build the throat area.  Prefit the throat area with the back walls(what turns out to be the mouth).  Then figure your braces off of that.  All so make sure the ramp like pieces for the throat area are equally spaced out.  Then cut your back bone braces that go in between those.  When I have time this weekend to go over the plans I will update what parts I am talking about.

• Like 2

Reason I bring this up, is as I built my first one I found out some parts on the plans aren't the right size.  Which I have confirmed with a couple of other builders.   If you go over the plans carefully and calculate the dimensions they don't quite add up. 

• Like 1

One advice I can give, is cut the braces after you build the throat area.  Prefit the throat area with the back walls(what turns out to be the mouth).  Then figure your braces off of that.  All so make sure the ramp like pieces for the throat area are equally spaced out.  Then cut your back bone braces that go in between those.  When I have time this weekend to go over the plans I will update what parts I am talking about.

Thank you so much!!

• 3 weeks later...