Is the Klipsch 1132 & 1132A an EV built driver?

Is there a longer version of the answer? Did Klipsch tool up and build the 1132 or were they rebranded or built on spec for Klipsch? I have not seen a set so I am not familiar with them a nominal 2" version and a 1.4" version, is that correct? that sounded so much like a DH1A was why I asked if you remover the nose extender cup on a DH1A you end up with a 1.4 " exit driver they both have 3" ti diaphragms, so some similarities would like to know more perhaps they were Hepner? Thanks. Best regards Moray James..

moray,

Earlier KP-600s like mine, used two K-60 drivers Y'd into the mid horn, later versions, like Kevin Harmons used a single 1132 driver for the mid horn. You could possibly hit up Kevin with a PM and see if he has any pictures of his 1132s. I am pretty sure he posted pictures of them a long time ago.

Roger

• Like 1

Thank you all. I was actually kind of interested in the story behind the drivers the who what where why stuff. It looks like it uses an extender nose cup to go from 1.4" exit to nominal 2" which is what EV do on the DH1A. This looks to be a fine driver, has anyone compared it directly with the DH1A? Thanks again best regards Moray James.

Thank you all. I was actually kind of interested in the story behind the drivers the who what where why stuff. It looks like it uses an extender nose cup to go from 1.4" exit to nominal 2" which is what EV do on the DH1A. This looks to be a fine driver, has anyone compared it directly with the DH1A? Thanks again best regards Moray James.

If you look closely at the 1:25 point into this video you will see what I believe to be a Klipsch employee assembling a K-1132. 

https://youtu.be/VApxNCimOys

From what I understand, the K-1132 was introduced in February 1992 and was designed and manufactured at the Hope Arkansas location (see page 15 in the PDF file link below).  Note that this was several years before the acquisition of Pyle Manufacturing.  

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Recording-Engineer/90s/REP-1991-12.pdf

I haven't been focused too much on compression drivers lately; however, I seem to remember a discussion that Roy may have been instrumental in designing the phase plug of this driver.

Klipsch K-1132 from REP-1991 (Recording Engineering Production – The Pro Audio Applications Magazine).jpg

post-36163-0-84000000-1429903131_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd

• Klipsch Employees

Is there a longer version of the answer? Did Klipsch tool up and build the 1132 or were they rebranded or built on spec for Klipsch? I have not seen a set so I am not familiar with them a nominal 2" version and a 1.4" version, is that correct? that sounded so much like a DH1A was why I asked if you remover the nose extender cup on a DH1A you end up with a 1.4 " exit driver they both have 3" ti diaphragms, so some similarities would like to know more perhaps they were Hepner? Thanks. Best regards Moray James..

The driver was designed from the ground up. The current versions of the 1132 and 1133 are the kt1132 and kt1133. These drivers represent the latest investments in cinema sound. The kt1133 is used extensively in the cinema models.

• Like 1

The driver was designed from the ground up. The current versions of the 1132 and 1133 are the kt1132 and kt1133. These drivers represent the latest investments in cinema sound. The kt1133 is used extensively in the cinema models.

Thank you for this information. Is there a current spec sheet for the KT1132 and the KT1133?. The 1132 is over seven pounds lighter than a

DH1A that is quite a savings. To convert from nominal 2" exit to 1.4" exit does one simply remove the nose cup as in the DH1A? Do current day diaphragms retrofit to original models?What improvements are there when comparing the original to current versions and are they the result of driver or diaphragm changes? In other words can a diaphragm change upgrade an original k1132 to KT1132 status? Thanks again and best regards Moray James.

Moray,

I think that now that Roy has answered your initial question, you could change the header of this post from an EV driver to a Klipsch driver for anyone wanting future reference to this subject matter....

Roger

Sure that would be fine my interest here lies in the Klipsch product. I have however never figured out how to change the title or header of a post so if you can tell me I will be happy to do so. How about a new title of "Klipsch K1132 and KT1132 drivers". Best regards Moray James.
  • Like 1

Both drivers are impressive to say the least. I was blown away by the midrange performance of the three way Jubilee. I couldn't believe there were people in the room that actually still preferred the two way version - what a bunch of suck-ups.

• Klipsch Employees

Both drivers are impressive to say the least. I was blown away by the midrange performance of the three way Jubilee. I couldn't believe there were people in the room that actually still preferred the two way version - what a bunch of suck-ups.

You know you shouldn't put your self down like that. As I remember you liked the two way as well you suck up! Lol!

The 402 with the 1133 gets quite the work out in cinemas. And most of our tech customers say that the mid is what impresses them the most when they listen to a klipsch system.

Said with upmost respect and admiration to the Bone......

Too much Crank. I agree.  Smile.  Just loved the two way Jub with the K69 402!  Not so much with two way K69 510. 

Was not head over heals with the K69 or the 510 horn in ether configuration.  Don't get me wrong... It was an outstanding sound!!!!  Second to ONE.  

After I listened to the 1133 as a dedicated midrange driver on the K402 and the K69/510 as a dedicated tweeter........

Just saying.....

tc

tc