• Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao
    • Floyd "Money" Mayweather
    • Don't Care, don't like boxing.
  2. 2. Who do you want to win?

• Manny "The Pacman" Pacquiao
    • Floyd "Money" Mayweather
    • Don't Care, don't like boxing.

I am leaning toward a Pacman win.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't win. Mayweather has been dodging Manny for too many years, and he's taunted him at every opportunity. Mayweather is only accepting the fight, because he has to. "Showtime" owns Floyd, and he's got 2 fights left on his $200,000,000 contract.

Manny's got a lot of hidden emotions built up, that he'll be letting out this Saturday evening. I just hope he doesn't get reckless and allow Floyd to capitalize.

It's been a long time since a boxing match sparked my interest. I think this will be the last one, but who knows, in a few years a new bloc might come out of the woods..... that is if Ferrtita bother's UFC doesn't lure them away first, which shouldn't be too hard, because the WBA, WBC, WBO and IBF are corrupt as hell.

Edited by Gilbert

Let me tell ya for that kind of coin I'll jump in the ring with both of em.....lol lol

I have not got a boxing match in years and for that price I won't be getting this one. I'm with you Gilbert I follow UFC and othe fight leagues. Even the UFC fights are up about $50 bucks so I don't watch them all.

If this match was $50 bucks or so I might get it.......but I will not pay $100 for a fight on TV.....I'll watch it later and keep that $100 bones in my pocket.

Anyway I think Manny will take the win

MKP :-)

I really wasn't going to watch it, but now it looks likeit might live up to expectations.

With Manny, you're assured it won't be a dull fight. He's the only reason I'd be willing to watch this boxing match. Floyd has been critically selective of the fights he's picked, this is one he never wanted.

The worst case scenario for the fans, will be if Mayweather chose the size of the ring. He'll pick a relatively bigger ring against Manny, so he can run backwards all night.

I lucked out with a friend who's purchased the fight, and is gonna do the BBQ thing. I'm taking a nice bottle of scotch.

• Like 1

Try this link for fight in VLC player

Azteca 7

Code: http://200.76.77.237/LIVE/H01/CANAL107/PROFILE03.m3u8?

stick that in your vlc player stream, it has been running for months hopefully it wont get shut down
before the fight.

Going to be an interesting fight. I don't think Manny has the power now to KO a true welterweight now, especially with the chin and defense Mayweather brings. Mannys only advantage is he is a southpaw and might be able to get his jab past the shoulder roll defense. I think Manny would actually benefit from the bigger ring as it could allow him to keep moving left to avoid Mayweather from cutting off his angles. I'm hoping Manny can overcome those obstacles, but I see mayweather squeezing out a UD or split decision.

• Like 1

I once paid to watch Mike Tyson.

I think the fight lasted something like 90 seconds.  I felt as though I was royally ripped off.

That soured me enough that I doubt I'll ever pay to watch a fight again.

I think the fight lasted something like 90 seconds.  I felt as though I was royally ripped off.

Not sure which Tyson fight you saw, and some of them were really bad rip-offs.... but you can thank Don King for the majority of them.

But you should never buy a PPV fight because you want to see it go the full distance or dragged out... on the contrary, spectacular knockouts against worthy opponents are what makes memorable matches.,... and during his prime, Tyson was "King" of the spectacular knock-outs. No one since has filled the void he left behind.

After Don King took complete control, he milked the Tyson name for money, matching him up against chumps, just for a Don King Promotions payday.

Here's Tysons WBC championship winning fight, Berbick was suppose to be the one to teach the new kid on the block a lesson. It wasn't a first round knock out, but a second round destruction of Berbick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMGzKcbCYPc

The kicks-into gear about 25 sec. into the link.

Edited by Gilbert

• Moderators

I think the fight lasted something like 90 seconds. I felt as though I was royally ripped off.

Not sure which Tyson fight you saw, and some of them were really bad rip-offs.... but you can thank Don King for the majority of them.

But you should never buy a PPV fight because you want to see it go the full distance or dragged out... on the contrary, spectacular knockouts against worthy opponents are what makes memorable matches.,... and during his prime, Tyson was "King" of the spectacular knock-outs. No one since has filled the void he left behind.

After Don King took complete control, he milked the Tyson name for money, matching him up against chumps, just for a Don King Promotions payday.

Here's Tysons WBC championship winning fight, Berbick was suppose to be the one to teach the new kid on the block a lesson. It wasn't a first round knock out, but a second round destruction of Berbick.

The kicks-into gear about 25 sec. into the link.

I was in the 3rd row for that fight, Tyson hit Berbick with a left hook so hard in the temple I thought for sure he had killed him.

Tyson was 28-0 as a pro if I remember correctly, 26 by KO, and the number one contender. He became the youngest Heavyweight Champion ever after that fight. He would go on the following year to beat IBF Champion Tucker to unify the title and becoming the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion, the previous was Spinks in '78.

Spinks was the Lineal champion, whom Tyson would fight next, crushing him in 90 seconds.

You can hear those shots when you are there, they are loud beyond compare.

My ouse is filled with a bunch of Filipinos, so we are definately watching. Halfway through the fight before mayweather-pacquio.

We're pretty excited about it. We've had a fun evening of Filipino food and good times. Earlier today we we to a Latin Festival her in Chattanooga. Had good food and music there too.

Bruce

• Like 3