Chorus II

MWS

Buying a pair of these tomorrow, pics to follow. I ordered a Crites crossover repair kit and tweeter diaphragms today as a preemptive move. When I was younger I spent a few summers working at a salmon cannery in Alaska. After my first summer there, I bought a pair of the original Chorus I's and dragged them to college with me. I sold them years later when I joined the Navy. I miss those speakers and I am looking forward to getting the CII's.  

Edited by MWS
  • Like 3

Awesome! I bought my pair a few months ago. They've been in storage during a recent move. I have some lesser speakers hooked up in the meantime, and all I think about is how much better everything sounds on the Chorus II. They also crank like few other home speakers will. Mine are black, which I wasn't thrilled with initially, but after seeing how nice the black looks, it actually has a cool modern sheen especially with the covers off. Crites Ti diaphragms also installed, I haven't messed with the crossovers since they sound so great as is. Let us know what you think!

Edited by absolve2525
  • Like 2

Glad you're enjoying them.

When I get a new (to me) pair of Klipsch I listen to them a LOT for at least a month before applying any mods or upgrades. That way I know the "sound" of the speakers very well and can easily tell what difference or improvement was made by whatever I've just upgraded.

Of all of the Klipsch speakers that have passed through my hands over the many years I've been playing this silly game I've never owned Chorus IIs. They're on my "one of these days" list.

• Like 1

Having used the Ti Crites tweeter diaphragm in my KLF10 and KG4, I noticed more air and detail. It's not a fatiguing sound, simply more accurate IMHO. The stock poly diaphragm material just isn't that great as a tweeter. I haven't messed with the midrange diaphragms, which could be poly or fabric. They sound so great, I haven't had any urge to change them. Some people prefer fabric or poly midrange sound to metal. It's certainly up to the listener! :-) I have titanium midrange drivers in my Khorns, which sound great as well.

Edited by absolve2525
  • Like 2

I am really getting used to the looks of these big blondes. I was pleasantly surprised by the shape they are in cosmetically. I am currently listening to "She" by Harry Connick Jr on the dvd player that is hidden in the cabinet. It sounds awesome. Cheers.

post-61126-0-77000000-1430076432_thumb.j

• Like 2

Right now I have a yamaha CR-2020, but I am thinking about buying a tube amp real soon.

I think it's a great idea investing in a tube amp. I have a 60 watt per channel Yaqin MC-100b on triode mode using just 30 watts and it does a great job. The Chorus 2's high sensitivity is a perfect match for a low wattage tube amp. Enjoy your gear!

I love the Chorus and Chorus II... They would be my favorite speaker after my LaScalas. Way more WAF! I understand why so many like the the reference and paladium lines, as they are even more wife friendly.

Bruce

• Like 1