A Wild Hair Thing---TV On RC-64

willland

Been considering this change for a while but just have not done it yet.  I had the RC-64 on a shelf above the TV but always wondered what it would sound(and look) like with it below the TV.  

From my limited experimentation:

1) Movies better when sitting in family room

2) Multichannel music great in seated position, not as good when standing or in kitchen but still very good.

3) TV shows better when in seated position, not as good while in kitchen(blocked by recliner)

TV is tilted slightly forward(RC-64 rear leg) so no off axis viewing.

Overall I am happy with my decision and I like the more aggressive look while still being aesthetically pleasing.

Bill

• Like 1

Looks great! I've always had my center under the TV (with the RC-7 tilted up on the front).

Thanks.  I thought about tilting the RC-64 up a bit but the TV would also be tilted up and not be on the proper horizontal axis while seated.

More aggressive? Lol

You like that?  I had to come up with some valid description because it was a pain in the butt to make the change.  Not putting it back anytime soon.

Bill 

Edited by willland

How about a nice articulating wall mount? I think my tv can pull 20" out from the wall then swivel all over the place. And my plasma is crazy heavy. 100 lbs I think. And I payed 50-60$ for the mount. Love it

I thought about that but I would need a minimum of 24 inches to reach to the edge of the niche.

Bill

Edited by willland

Here Bill, this is the one I use, it had no problem reaching out as far as my rc64. We have the same TV. Sturdy as hell when fully extended the 26.5 inches it states and has been going strong for a few years now.

Edit, I was curious and just measured it. From the wall the front of TV is exactly 29 inches out fully extended and it's sturdy.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082821&p_id=8586&seq=1&format=2

Edited by ajoker2c

I think it looks good under the TV. That's how I built my 64 into my current system (but had to angle it due to the TV being low) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1430089758.351855.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me, are you getting considerable "boundary gain" with your RSW-10d's in their cubbys?

Does it ever get a little boomy?

By the way, nice looking theater.

Bill

I think it looks good under the TV. That's how I built my 64 into my current system (but had to angle it due to the TV being low) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1430089758.351855.jpg

Tell me, are you getting considerable "boundary gain" with your RSW-10d's in their cubbys?

Does it ever get a little boomy?

By the way, nice looking theater.

Bill

I was surprised how little effect the placement inside the cubbies had on the 10ds. Unfortunately, I never got to thoroughly put the system through its paces-so it could well be that under other listening circumstances it'd be more noticeable. I finished the build in February and we have already moved (I maybe watched four movies with that setup).

One thing I did notice was the difference in the 64 with it angled upward at the listening position (in my old setup it wasn't as low but was facing flat-so lower than ear level). I really liked the sound with it located low but angled upward.