Klipsch Sightings

• Moderators

I was just in Pier One Imports today and toticed that they had Klipsch speakers installed, the round ones from the pro installation line. I was just getting ready to post a photo but just realized it didn't save for some reason.

It caught my attention because it sounded so good and I happened to look up at the ceiling to see what sounded so good.

I am beginning to learn that Klipsch is in a lot more locations than I thought.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I was at a place in Austin on Lake Travis that is pretty much world famous for having a drink and watching the sunset, called The Oasis.

I was out on the deck and heard pretty incredible sound, despite being outside in a big open area.

Went over to take a look and saw thes

EDIT, The picture posted sidewa and I cant seem to fix that from my phone.

post-13028-0-78480000-1430023110_thumb.j

Edited by dwilawyer

• Moderators

I was watching a show about home flippers called Flipping Vegas.  In one episode the guy is wearing a Klipsch shirt.  In another, he’s having In-Celing Klipsch speakers installed.  he made a comment about great audio.

Stew, these things really sounded good. It is a typical box store, 20 or 25' cielings, the light fixtures hang down about 15' about the floor, the speakers are another 5' feet above that. Crystal clear vocals, great midrange, I thought I was going to see small commerical 2 ways in enclosures hanging down, but they were in ceiling type, white round metal covers with holes and Klipsch logo.

Not sure id Pier One uses local companies to do their build outs or if they are like a lot of national chains that use one contractor nation wide to do it all. Would be interestibg to know if this was just a local fluke, or if they are in other Pier Ones.

• Like 1

I was watching a show about home flippers called Flipping Vegas.  In one episode the guy is wearing a Klipsch shirt.  In another, he’s having In-Celing Klipsch speakers installed.  he made a comment about great audio.

Stew, these things really sounded good. It is a typical box store, 20 or 25' cielings, the light fixtures hang down about 15' about the floor, the speakers are another 5' feet above that. Crystal clear vocals, great midrange, I thought I was going to see small commerical 2 ways in enclosures hanging down, but they were in ceiling type, white round metal covers with holes and Klipsch logo.

Not sure id Pier One uses local companies to do their build outs or if they are like a lot of national chains that use one contractor nation wide to do it all. Would be interestibg to know if this was just a local fluke, or if they are in other Pier Ones.

i haven’t been in a Pier 1 for years…it would be interesting to know how the store gets Klipsch in there…decision by the manager, corporate decision?  I mentioned Klipsch to a co-worker that was talking about a home theatre…he blew me off saying that they aren’t high quality.  

Guest Steven1963

Most NHRA events facing the bleachers.

Yup. Went last year in Seattle for the first time in a couple decades. Noticed the Klipsch speakers lining the raceway. I was going to take a photo but was so caught up in how fast those cars move down the track I totally forgot!

Guest Steven1963

I mentioned Klipsch to a co-worker that was talking about a home theatre…he blew me off saying that they aren’t high quality.

So did ya learn him some new facts?

I doubt it. He probably considers Bose the pinnacle of music reproduction. Don't waste your time.

• Like 1

I'm always on the lookout for Klipsch.Today I was in a small record store in Danville Illinois,and while looking thru the LPs the owner had some good ole blues playing and I found myself thinking wow this system sounds nice. It was a pair of original heresy hanging from the ceiling. Owner said he bought them new back in the day.

• Like 1

I'm always on the lookout for Klipsch.Today I was in a small record store in Danville Illinois,and while looking thru the LPs the owner had some good ole blues playing and I found myself thinking wow this system sounds nice. It was a pair of original heresy hanging from the ceiling. Owner said he bought them new back in the day.

What's the name of the shop?

• Like 1