Klipsch Sightings

• Moderators
I was at a place in Austin on Lake Travis that is pretty much world famous for having a drink and watching the sunset, called The Oasis.

Sounds like a great place for some Klipsch, after all, some music while watching a sunset with drinks and friends works so well together it should be an Olympic sport, practice, practice, practice. :emotion-19:

• Like 1

My son's school band practice room has a set of flying LaScalas

That is very cool, it would be interesting to know the history of that.

I have asked him to request permission to take photos (when parents observe the UIL scorings no cameras allowed). I'll see what I can do.

• Moderators

Love this thread. Keep it going! We actually don't get to hear which stores use our gear because the contractors don't always relay it back.

Well here's a few more going back to Jan 08

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/89947-klipsch-spotters/page-1?hl= spotting klipsch

I forgot about that post, I wish I had just added photos to that thread and bumbed it back up.

• 2 weeks later...

I think not.

They look like JBL 4520 cabinets laid on their sides, with the horns mounted in the scoop area.

There is no sign of the distinctive LaScala doghouse 'V', there is no sign of the tweeter..

Chipotle's use Klipsch. I think the Klipsch website even has an article about it.

I went to our new neighborhood Chipotle today.  See attached image if it worked.  Sure enough, looks like Heresy in the high wall.  Pretty subliminal marketing if that is the intention.  Actually think they need a third in the space they have designed.  They got a little nervous when I started taking photos of their new operation.

post-58202-0-09060000-1431742007_thumb.j

Edited by dbomberger
  • Like 2

Chipotle's use Klipsch. I think the Klipsch website even has an article about it.

I went to our new neighborhood Chipotle today.  See attached image if it worked.  Sure enough, looks like Heresy in the high wall.  Pretty subliminal marketing if that is the intention.  Actually think they need a third in the space they have designed.  They got a little nervous when I started taking photos of their new operation.

It's not marketing on our part. They just bought our speakers because the founder of Chipotle is a big fan.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I went to our new neighborhood Chipotle today. See attached image if it worked. Sure enough, looks like Heresy in the high wall. Pretty subliminal marketing if that is the intention. Actually think they need a third in the space they have designed. They got a little nervous when I started taking photos of their new operation.

It's not marketing on our part. They just bought our speakers because the founder of Chipotle is a big fan.

You just gotta love that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

About 25 years ago I spotted some huge Klipsch professionals speakers sitting on the stage at the ancient theater in Taormina, Italy.  I took a photo (slide) but I believe it was included in a bulk of my slides that were lost during one of my relocations.  Anyway, they were in a beautiful setting and that old theater still gets used for performances.

teatro-greco-taormina.jpg

teatro-greco.jpg

• Like 2

I was at Funtown Splashtown USA in Maine.  I've been there many times in my youth, but first time as an adult with kids.  They have a ride called the Astrosphere which is inside a dark room.  There is a light show on the ceiling as you spin around on the ride.  I was looking around, and noticed there are probably 6-8 La Scalas around the perimeter providing the sound (along with a few other speakers and some large subs) that were probably installed when they built the ride in the 80s.  Sorry, I didn't have my camera so I don't have any pics. 

• 5 months later...