$20,000 diamond found at Crater of Diamonds

dtel's wife

• Moderators

For those of you that may be considering attending next year's gathering in Hope, and bringing your family, the Crater of Diamonds is the only place in the US you can actually search for diamonds.  Whatever you find belongs to you. Here's a link to the most recent find:

http://gracevine.christiantoday.com/article/woman-finds-huge-diamond-worth-20000-after-praying-to-find-it-she-then-calls-it-the-quothallelujah-diamondquot-4105

For those of you that may be considering attending next year's gathering in Hope, and bringing your family, the Crater of Diamonds is the only place in the US you can actually search for diamonds.  Whatever you find belongs to you. Here's a link to the most recent find:

http://gracevine.christiantoday.com/article/woman-finds-huge-diamond-worth-20000-after-praying-to-find-it-she-then-calls-it-the-quothallelujah-diamondquot-4105

great - bring out the shovels -

• Like 1

OMG.  Going to ask mom where those uncut diamonds Granddad gave me are. 

He told me where he found them, but I don't remember.  I do remember he said you could walk the area after a rain  and pick them up.  He didn't talk much about it

but I don't remember it being in Arkansas.  

Been a long time ago and he is gone.  I wonder where I could have them looked at, and not get ripped off if I had anything?

He had a few that he had sent to Germany and had cut.

• Like 1

• Moderators

OMG.  Going to ask mom where those uncut diamonds Granddad gave me are. 

He told me where he found them, but I don't remember.  I do remember he said you could walk the area after a rain  and pick them up.  He didn't talk much about it

but I don't remember it being in Arkansas.  

Been a long time ago and he is gone.  I wonder where I could have them looked at, and not get ripped off if I had anything?

He had a few that he had sent to Germany and had cut.

Taz, there may have been other diamond mines accessible to the public in the past in the United States.  However, this is taken from the home page of the Crater of Diamonds I linked above:

"Arkansas The Natural State is blessed with an abundance of geological wonders. Crater of Diamonds State Park, the only diamond-producing site in the world open to the public, stands out as a unique geological "gem" for you to explore and enjoy."

The history of the Crater of Diamonds State Park provides an interesting read.  Yes, they are easiest to spot after the field has been freshly tilled and a good rainstorm.  

We have gone to the park several times and always have a good time.  It can be unbearably hot in the summer months, but there is also a small water park at the site.

My grandson and I were planning to go when we went to Hope a couple of weeks ago,but we had such a great time with other forum members at Rodney's Place we didn't make it....maybe I should have followed my instincts.

• Like 1

I live in Murfreesboro, it's a great little town and the diamond mind really is a good time! Also for those that like to fish the little Missouri River that I live on has a nice stock of rainbows. If you had rather take a boat out Lake Greeson is 5 miles north of town, beautiful lake.

• Moderators

I live in Murfreesboro, it's a great little town and the diamond mind really is a good time! Also for those that like to fish the little Missouri River that I live on has a nice stock of rainbows. If you had rather take a boat out Lake Greeson is 5 miles north of town, beautiful lake.

Rockhound, the gathering next year is set for the second weekend in April!  As we get closer I would like to start a thread with local area attractions.  We are hoping to attract more forum members and their families to next year's event.  I am sure you and several others could help me greatly with that endeavor.  Dtel and I have been up that way several times, but we know there is so much to see.  Hot Springs, AR is another popular destination. I am going to be gathering info over the next year, so if there is something you think that could be helpful please PM me.