KL-7502 THX for LCR?

F1Audio

For in-ceiling LCR usage, will the 7502 work out ok or should I look at something designed more for this application such as something from Triad or similar with an angled baffle? Looking for real world experience with the 7502 in this application. My calculations place my listening position 25 degrees off axis vertically from the ceiling plane where the speakers will be installed. Most angled baffle type speakers are 45 degrees. This might be too steep in my room . I have options that are angled 15 or 30 degrees which might work better in the environment. Any thoughts?

It is my best option, I will put it that way. In-wall would be doable if I cut open the entire wall, reframe parts of it, possibly move some plumbing and ductwork around, and re-drywall, texture, and paint. Not wanting to go through that at this point, in-ceiling is the best compromise. I am not looking for a dedicated theater room performance in the living room here. But I do not want it sound like I just threw in the cheapest 5 speakers monoprice had at the time. :)

On-wall might be considered, but I would likely just stick with freestanding speakers at that point. My biggest reason for not doing that is that they would inevitably be destroyed by my kids. If they can reach it, it will have crayon, marker, glue, glitter, peanut butter, gum, etc. on it. :) Our next home will have a dedicate space that I can lock. :)

Another reason I am opting for in-ceiling is to hopefully control some of the reflections that will be a problem regardless. The room is only 13.5' deep. Sofa is against the back wall, TV on the front wall. 8' ceiling height. Listening position is 12.5' from the intended speaker locations in the ceiling (measured directly from my head to the ceiling). My rough calculations put my head ~25 degrees off axis from the ceiling speaker locations. With an untreated wall 1 foot behind me, my thought was that most angled LCR speakers, like the Triad or Def Tech models, are angled at 45 degrees. I am afraid that will lead to a lot of unwanted reflections off the back wall. Thus, here is me looking at the KL7502. The horn is aimed towards the listener, but the midrange drivers are not. I do not know if that will be ideal, even though the description says they are "perfect" for this application.

My other options are Episode 700LCR5, which are angled at 35 degrees, Martin Logan Vanquish or Electromotion R which are at 30 IIRC, the Paradigm Sig and Ref. also at 30, and TruAudio Rev8-LCR.1 which are at 30 as well I believe, and possibly one of the new Beale Street Audio models which are only at a 15 degree angle. My thought is that with the shallower angle, I will still get closer to being on axis with the speakers, with less of the sound reflecting off the back wall. I know I should just put some sound panels there, and I may do just that, but finding the right speakers is my first priority.

The surrounds will be not far from the back wall, and spread fairly wide, as the seating area is roughly 12' wide. Fronts will likely be a bit closer than that, and roughly 18" from the front wall to center of speaker. 

I will also send an email directly to Klipsch to get some more detailed info on dispersion patterns and location recommendations. But I though the Klipsch community would have at least one person who has used these speakers in this application and would be willing to share their experiences/opinions. Thanks.