Look What I Am Getting Soon!

paul79

It appears that the top of the dovetail legs are raised above the top shelf? Interesting. I would have made it flush and missed adding such an exquisite touch. Wonderful!

That was all the man! He suggested this, and boy did it turn out to be quite sexy. The dovetail's stand proud and say, "check me out!"

• Like 1

So Paul, how many SX-1250's can you fit on that gorgeous piece of work?  Could we get a few particulars?  Shelf thickness, dimensions, etc?  Really beautiful.

Put about 6 1250's on it, and you will be maxed out. :)

The build is Curly Maple, Walnut legs. I can't even remember the dimensions exactly, but 6 1250's is pretty close ;)

There is some trick wrapping around the maple shelves to keep the curls running vertically along the edges. It is fully knock down-able, and you can remove/install 1 shelf at a time. The top shelf can lift off as well. I thought this would be nice to be able to do... It also has some spike feet that you cannot see.

Edited by paul79

Ok, let's play a bit... Who made this Rack?

If you know about this project, STFU! You don't count...

CustomWood-178 (800x534).jpg

I'm not aware of your project and only get to read a couple of times a week; however, I'm not sure if this specific picture was intended to provide an intentional clue to your question or if this picture turns out to be an unintentional clue to your question or not even relevant. 

I see what could be a strong indicator in the picture above where I supsect that the person that crafted what looks to be a NBS pre amp case sitting there on the rack may have also crafted the rack.  I believe he has a forum name and I seem to remember him in the context of making the NBS pre amp wood cases and a few VRD wood chassis too (e.g., Muel's VRDs maybe?), I just can't recall his forum name right now.

NBS preamp?  Could be but more likely a Scott 299!

I win because I'm always right even when I'm not. (see sig)

I suppose it could be a case for a Scott.  I think the guy on the forum making the NBS wood case also makes Scott wood cases?  It just seemed to have the same lines as the case that USNRET is selling with his NBS pre amp in the picture below. 

Either way, it hasn't jogged my memory yet and I still can't remember his name and get it off the tip of my tongue.

DSC_0463.JPG

If you want to die!!

You can get one from the same place I got mine. You will have to ask him the price.  :)   HAHA!

We need a winner, and all will be revealed. Cookies a waitin!

I think I solidified my guess by working back to thee thread where USNRET bought his case. And people still complain about the search function on the forum.  B)

tk49 otherwise know as Tom Keady?

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149539-nbs-case-arrives-now-with-poll-question/

DING DING! We have a winner! Here is your cookie sir. Have fun!! (if anybody besides Fjd clicks the link below, your computer will explode)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fscratch.mit.edu%2Fprojects%2F2089086%2F&ei=VCNAVY_lGcOYNvfIgPAL&bvm=bv.91665533,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNHfSprNnIuQz_beJNup0Y-JZFZopw&ust=1430353106483293

Edited by paul79

It is amusing, and here I was secretly hoping I would win one of those fancy Auralic DACs. :emotion-14:

Edited by Fjd