WTB: La Scala

MWS

Mixed reviewers, how true. These are stock, I am sure I will look at a possible ugrade on the crossovers at some point. But I am in no hurray the way these things sound.

• Like 1

I think I had a CR 2040 loved it till I heard the HK twin powered 430 with only 24 watts. It blew that 80 watt Yammy away as far as power and sound. Not sure why but it's true. That Yamaha was my second receiver bought it new... first receiver was a Sony 7065. I also have La Scalas  If I could find a receiver that matched the HK 430 in sound I would buy it. The ones I got are close to being extinct and to expensive to refurbish . I loved that look of the Sony and it was high priced in the day. Rick

Edited by ricktate
  • Like 2

Found some!

Wow, congrats, great looking system you have there!  You have a beautiful listening room to enjoy the LS.  I've also been a big fan of Yam 'Natural Sound' amps for years, using a CA2010 controlled by a Carver C4000 pre-amp.  Enjoy!

IMG_1224_zpsnta7x9z0.jpg

• Like 2

I think I had a CR 2040 loved it till I heard the HK twin powered 430 with only 24 watts. It blew that 80 watt Yammy away as far as power and sound. Not sure why but it's true. That Yamaha was my second receiver bought it new... first receiver was a Sony 7065. I also have La Scalas  If I could find a receiver that matched the HK 430 in sound I would buy it. The ones I got are close to being extinct and to expensive to refurbish . I loved that look of the Sony and it was high priced in the day. Rick

Wow... my experience was pretty much completely opposite of yours.  Comparing the Yamaha CR-2020 or CA-2010 to the HK 930 or 330b I found that the Yamaha really blew away the HK.   I wonder why the different experience?  I had mine all rebuilt except for the 330b.    Interesting...

Oh, the 2040 had 120 watts which was probably under rated.  I think my 2020 actually measured at 120 watts before clipping.  

• Like 2