DUAL PC13 vs DUAL PSA s3000I

AaronH

First, what size is your room?  What exactly are you looking for, high spl, great tactile feel, and how much extension?  PSA sell a vente sub for around $500 less that may do the trick.  Their spec #'s are from 1m, drop the db number by 9 at 2m and maybe another 5 or 6 for a sitting distance of 10-12 ft.

Large room-Vented sub

Small room- sealed sub due to room gain

Sealed sub needs more power than vented.

Most vented subs will be better in the 15 Hz and up area

Don't use the PSA exten #.

24x20 Room. Looking to round out the bass and more of a tactile feel. 

So, approximately 4800ft3 if 10ft ceilings?  Is all that space utilized for HT?  

My multi use room is close to 6000ft3 but maybe only 2500ft3 is being used for HT.  One of my four subs(SVS SB13 Plus) is pretty near field(4ft) to my main seating postition so that does help with that "tactile" feel.

If your HT area only takes up a portion of that 4800ft3, then maybe twin PC-13U's will be plenty enough to give you that impact you desire.  If the entire space is HT, then maybe twin PSA 3000i's would do the trick better. 

Bill

Vented subs all the way in that large a room if the limit is only two subs.  For the price of 2 sealed, You could get 3 ported subs.  Forget extension unless you plan on around 8 sealed subs.  I have a large space and the saving grace of my system in 4300+ cu ft is the addition of 2 vented subs with my sealed subs.  The two vented subs is equal to having at least 4 to 5 more sealed subs in the 15-40 Hz area. 

That large room will not not get cabin gain before the gears signal chain is dropping out of the picture IMHO.  If you can't do 105+ db at the MLP under 15 Hz, then extension is not worth shooting for.

Edited by derrickdj1

• 2 weeks later...